Setting up Unitrunker in Niagara Region for LMRN

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if it would be of any help if I started to listen to the LMRN system with Unitrunker software. I live in Fort Erie and don't know if I can contribute anything useful or new by running the software on the LMRN.
Don't want to collect info that someone else is decoding. If it would be helpful let me know. I would need someone to walk me through the setup process, I do have one dongle.
Saint

gary123

I think any RID/TG pairs you can capture will go a long way to filling out the LMRN network. I can work with almost any input format from txt, to XLS. or even the files Unitrunker makes. If you want send me a DM and we can coordinate the logging.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I think any RID/TG pairs you can capture will go a long way to filling out the LMRN network. I can work with almost any input format from txt, to XLS. or even the files Unitrunker makes. If you want send me a DM and we can coordinate the logging.
OK let me see if I can setup Unitrunker on my computer with the one dongle, I'll try to figure out how to set it up.
Saint

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I’m running the latest UT beta and it works great. Setup was literally under a minute.

Radio - VFO - Set role to Signal - enter control channel. Done!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
OK, I have Unitrunker running on the Niagara Falls site and made a YouTube video on how far I have gone with the setup.
If anyone can give me some pointers on what else I need to set up with one dongle, please let me know.
Saint

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Hey Saint, looks good overall. Unitrunker can't decode Phase 2 audio so the control channel log is basically it's primary function on this system.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Hey Saint, looks good overall. Unitrunker can't decode Phase 2 audio so the control channel log is basically it's primary function on this system.
OK, I will let it run for a while and see what I get.
Is there a file I can import into Unitrunker to get all the source labels on the screen and other info ??
Saint

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
OK, I will let it run for a while and see what I get.
Is there a file I can import into Unitrunker to get all the source labels on the screen and other info ??
Saint

You can yank database info straight into Unitrunker since you've got premium :) Hit download in the top left and input the database ID, as pictured:

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 5.56.59 PM.png

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I must be doing something wrong; I click on Download and ID enjo19, do I need a password, it comes back. PLEASE CHECK CREDENTIALS AND TRY AGAIN.
Saint

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I must be doing something wrong; I click on Download and ID enjo19, do I need a password, it comes back. PLEASE CHECK CREDENTIALS AND TRY AGAIN.
Saint

You need to use your own Radioreference ID and password

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I think any RID/TG pairs you can capture will go a long way to filling out the PSRN network. I can work with almost any input format from txt, to XLS. or even the files Unitrunker makes. If you want send me a DM and we can coordinate the logging.
OK, I have Unitrunker working. I see a lot of information on all the screens, but have no idea what information would be helpful to everyone.
If you can tell me what info you need, I will be more than happy to provide it to everyone, I don't know how to figure out what's new and what's not. I don't want to waste people's time by submitting info you already have.
SaintScreenshot 2024-06-22 180325.png

gary123

The main info that is being compiled is the source ID number (7xxxxx) and the target (2xxx, 20xxx). The lists created for DSD has the source label (.radio file) and target labels (.group file).. These files are compiled from a .xls where everything is on single lines . This way we can sort and trim by any parameter we wish.

I am not sure how to export your list from Unitrunker. It is on my bucket list to install it or get one of the team to do the conversions.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
The main info that is being compiled is the source ID number (7xxxxx) and the target (2xxx, 20xxx). The lists created for DSD has the source label (.radio file) and target labels (.group file).. These files are compiled from a .xls where everything is on single lines . This way we can sort and trim by any parameter we wish.

I am not sure how to export your list from Unitrunker. It is on my bucket list to install it or get one of the team to do the conversions.
OK, when someone can tell me how to do this and what info to save in Unitrunker I will try and help out, right now I have no idea how to save the info.
Saint

EJB

20 + year membership
I have been running Unitrunker on Hamilton and Brantford towers.
Tons of data, pretty much running 24/7 for over a month now.

I was asked to use DSD again and when I have time I'll set it back up to give coverage on PSRN for this area.

Saint: what tower are you running it on? These days you can probably cover a good part of your area and more if u have a good antenna.

I get Niagara Falls here most of the time.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have been running Unitrunker on Hamilton and Brantford towers.
Tons of data, pretty much running 24/7 for over a month now.

I was asked to use DSD again and when I have time I'll set it back up to give coverage on PSRN for this area.

Saint: what tower are you running it on? These days you can probably cover a good part of your area and more if u have a good antenna.

I get Niagara Falls here most of the time.
I can pick up Niagara Falls and Fonthill with no problems, But I have no idea how to save or what to save,
Saint

EJB

20 + year membership
I'm not sure either but when I turn mine off it prompts you to save all data.

Run Unitrunker for a while and then close it. You should have the option of saving all the data that's working.
Press Yes or Save.

I was doing some searching for LMRN towers the other day and I found Niagara Falls. All I saw was Niagara EMS on it.

I imagine maybe you can get Cayuga or is that too far from you?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Run Unitrunker for a while and then close it. You should have the option of saving all the data that's working.
Press Yes or Save.

I was doing some searching for LMRN towers the other day and I found Niagara Falls. All I saw was Niagara EMS on it.

I imagine maybe you can get Cayuga or is that too far from you?
Can't pick up Cayuga site, I shut down Unitrunker and it never ask me to save anything.
Saint

EJB

20 + year membership
When I click on X this screen shows up and this prompt comes up.

What version are you running?

I'm guessing you have SDS?
Apparently that's better to use I've heard.

I'd like to get my version of it running and contribute to the cause but it's been a long time that I used it.

E20240625_155220.jpg