Shack Remodel 2024

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
After being strongly influenced by others and their setups I’ve seen on here, I thought I would re do my shack starting last October. I’ve got the Husky Workbench (not adjustable, I would get the adjustable if I had to do it again), and the Audiorax rack. I really like it.

Before I had a rickety old desk that I had rebuilt from an old school table and some monitor stands with radios just sitting on them stacked up as a “getto” rack.

The keyboard rack is essential due to how much depth there isn’t, and I don’t trust the audiorax stand to hold the monitors. It arrived damaged and I had to glue it together because I didn’t want to wait another 4-5 months.

From left to right. Anytone AT-D578UVIII Plus, with a remote speaker under the left monitor. I wish I could plug in two speakers, one for each receiver, but the port isn’t big enough on the back. Below that is a CS7000 with an XG-100M with a desk microphone. I all my ham and gmrs activity on it, and it works well. I’ve gotten lots of compliments about its audio, “sounds like I’m sitting right next to them”. I also use it for CERT as we have a 800mhz repeater. The Anytone is tied into a mag mount on a cookie sheet in the closet, while the XG-100M has the Compactenna LMR on it’s base mount in the attic.

In the middle bay is something that I never use, the FTDX10. Due to my location the noise is too high and the meter constantly reads S9 or higher. I’ve tried choking the cable, but it doesn’t seem to matter. I’ve never been much of an HF guy anyway, but maybe in the future.

On the right I have an NX-5800BK2 (380-470) and an NX-5700 (136-174) due to their flexibility as scanners and/or as backup radios if a local event happens. I have another pair in my car and their ability to do DMR, P25 (or NXDN) and Analog all at the same time makes them invaluable. Plus they can decode MDC and/or Fleetsync. They have a Compactenna 2M/70CM antenna in the attic and a splitter behind the units. Below that is a Harris SP-721 which is tied to a XG-75M for listening to the CLMRN (a P25P2 system) and or something I can use for CERT if I need to use my XG-100M for something else.

I’ve got to find a way to incorporate my SDS200 which lies abandon next to all of this, but with the remote head coming soon, it may find its way back to my car.

As for my computer, I have 2 monitors, middle and left. Whilst the right one is my amazon fire stick. Behind the monitors are some Philips hue bars which I can sync to my computer and/or for ambient lighting. On the sides and center are speakers for my surround sound system. I have a speaker bar under the right monitor for easy volume control for the amazon stick (why aren't all videos the same audio level haha). With a microphone in between the right and middle monitors.

I don’t have everything where I think it’ll go permanently yet. I’m thinking about getting rid of the SP-721 and getting another XG-75M for scanning, but I don’t know. Once I do, I will fill in my rack mount covers.

1000006867.jpg

Last edited:

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
After being strongly influenced by others and their setups I’ve seen on here, I thought I would re do my shack starting last October. I’ve got the Husky Workbench (not adjustable, I would get the adjustable if I had to do it again), and the Audiorax rack. I really like it.

Before I had a rickety old desk that I had rebuilt from an old school table and some monitor stands with radios just sitting on them stacked up as a “getto” rack.

The keyboard rack is essential due to how much depth there isn’t, and I don’t trust the audiorax stand to hold the monitors. It arrived damaged and I had to glue it together because I didn’t want to wait another 4-5 months.

From left to right. Anytone AT-D578UVIII Plus, with a remote speaker under the left monitor. I wish I could plug in two speakers, one for each receiver, but the port isn’t big enough on the back. Below that is a CS7000 with an XG-100M with a desk microphone. I all my ham and gmrs activity on it, and it works well. I’ve gotten lots of compliments about its audio, “sounds like I’m sitting right next to them”. I also use it for CERT as we have a 800mhz repeater. The Anytone is tied into a mag mount on a cookie sheet in the closet, while the XG-100M has the Compactenna LMR on it’s base mount in the attic.

In the middle bay is something that I never use, the FTDX10. Due to my location the noise is too high and the meter constantly reads S9 or higher. I’ve tried choking the cable, but it doesn’t seem to matter. I’ve never been much of an HF guy anyway, but maybe in the future.

On the right I have an NX-5800BK2 (380-470) and an NX-5700 (136-174) due to their flexibility as scanners and/or as backup radios if a local event happens. I have another pair in my car and their ability to do DMR, P25 (or NXDN) and Analog all at the same time makes them invaluable. Plus they can decode MDC and/or Fleetsync. They have a Compactenna 2M/70CM antenna in the attic and a splitter behind the units. Below that is a Harris SP-721 which is tied to a XG-75M for listening to the CLMRN (a P25P2 system) and or something I can use for CERT if I need to use my XG-100M for something else.

I’ve got to find a way to incorporate my SDS200 which lies abandon next to all of this, but with the remote head coming soon, it may find its way back to my car.

As for my computer, I have 2 monitors, middle and left. Whilst the right one is my amazon fire stick. Behind the monitors are some Philips hue bars which I can sync to my computer and/or for ambient lighting. On the sides and center are speakers for my surround sound system. I have a speaker bar under the right monitor for easy volume control for the amazon stick (why aren't all videos the same audio level haha). With a microphone in between the right and middle monitors.

I don’t have everything where I think it’ll go permanently yet. I’m thinking about getting rid of the SP-721 and getting another XG-75M for scanning, but I don’t know. Once I do, I will fill in my rack mount covers.

1000006867.jpg
What are the specifications on your Audioraxs?