SHEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammersc

SCDOT uses low band still mostly. The 800 talk groups they use but I only hear them going 10-41 and at end of day 10-42. They uses repeaters on low band if not close a good out side antenna will work good. They mostly during the day talk about putting signs up or about pot holes and of course picking up dead animals in the road. DNR is on VHF mostly to using analog and or P25.

mrat1234

when do you think thell switch to palmetto 800 because all other state agencies and almost all local agencies are on palmetto 800.

GearJammersc

They have talk groups on 800 I think they will be on Low band forever lol It works for them and talk all over the county probably want until the radio breaks or something. I rather them not go to 800 cause eventually you may not here them.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Down in Low Country SHEP uses their TG's often. Especially around Charleston. Not sure on DNR. As to DNR on local SO's, they do work closely with the SO's in the regions they talk with. On most Statewide systems, the State agencies do have the local agencies TG's in their codeplugs for interop/mutual aid, in addition to locals having regional/statewide interop/mutual aid TG's for bigger events.

mrat1234

I know we talked about this before but i heard from a cpd source that they are going to implement full time encryption on all channels sometime this year like RCSD did. they also said they suspect Lexington town pd's to follow

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I know we talked about this before but i heard from a cpd source that they are going to implement full time encryption on all channels sometime this year like RCSD did. they also said they suspect Lexington town pd's to follow

As each agency upgrades from the XTS series radios to the APX radios they are switching over to Encryption. CPD and SCHP will follow LCSD and RCSD soon. It wouldn't surprise me to see Lexington Municipalities switch over shortly as well. Unfortunately I expect my BCD436 to be the last scanner I own. :(

However keep scanning while we can, hopefully FD and EMS will remain in the clear for year to come.

mrat1234

i work closely with irmo pd and half of thier portable fleet has been upgraded to apx and the rest is still a mix of xts2500s and xts5000s. no mobiles have been upgraded yet. i also got a chance to look at a few Columbia police cruisers and saw thier mobiles are all xtl like Irmo but all Columbia police portables are apx.

mrat1234

I also found out that the sc criminal justice academy is using dmr. I'm not sure if its vhf or uhf and I'm also unaware if its trunked or conventional. I think they might be on the palmetto turbo system.

Lynch68

What would be the best scanner for the greater Columbia area ?
I'm kinda new to all of this so any help is very much appreciated .

GearJammersc

What would be the best scanner for the greater Columbia area ?
I'm kinda new to all of this so any help is very much appreciated .
Get a unication pager for what its worth. You will not have any issues with simulcast problems.

mrat1234

one more question regarding sites. should i put control plus alternates or just the control channel in the scanner.

mrat1234

also does any one know if prisma health has a police department and what frequencies they are useing

Status
Not open for further replies.