Shiawassee Road Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know how to pickup the Shiawassee County Road Commission. With snow in the forcast I use to ba able to pickup them on this frequency it is now all data. 159.12000 I do not know enough about the new Digital Scanners and maybe I just need to add that as a talkgroup freq. I have a Pro-106 scanner. Thanks for any help.

RayAir

Does any one know how to pickup the Shiawassee County Road Commission. With snow in the forcast I use to ba able to pickup them on this frequency it is now all data. 159.12000 I do not know enough about the new Digital Scanners and maybe I just need to add that as a talkgroup freq. I have a Pro-106 scanner. Thanks for any help.

Next time I'm through that area I'll try and grab it.
You just need the color code, time slot, and talk group number.

I know Livingston Road Commission is using color code 1, time slot 1, talk group 1. I think Tuscola is too.

Then, if you want a portable monitoring solution you could buy a VHF MD-380, download the free CPS, program it, and off you go.

It's a lot cheaper than paying $500+ for a new DMR capable scanner.

Cheaper yet is using DSD+ with a dongle or disc tapped scanner to monitor DMR. But you'll be tied to your computer.

kmi8dy

owosso resident

i have a bcd996p2 and it works great. just bought dmr package from uniden $ 60.00. and downloaded it. works great for shiawassee county road crew. bought my 996p2 from amazon. they have them now for $ 350.00 new. shiawassee road crew crew is slow now because for the next 5 to 7 days it going to be warm, 40's and 50's. picked them up a little bit yesterday and today. also have owosso hospital and owosso schools programmed in, they to are dmr.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
To all / kmi8dy what codes do you have for them and any other agencies for that matter as we have the color code, but no talkgroup(s) or slot numbers.
You can use the SUBMIT tab at the upper right here for Shiawasee here Shiawassee County, Michigan (MI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

159.12000 KNJN324 RM
CC 1 TG * SL * County Roads County Road Commission DMR Public Works

When you find them let us know so we can put it into the database. I too have on order a 996p2 with dmr.

kmi8dy

not sure if its correct, but this is what i did; in shiawassee county, under county road commision, look for " tone ". cc=color code 1, TG=talk group 1, SL= slot number 1. when i programmed i used the single frequency selection.this selection i have read here means " tg search " not scan, plus when hand programming i selected tg search in settings menu. did the same exact way with owosso hospital and owosso schools. haven't heard to much if any from owosso schools, so i will delete this evening and re-programe just in case i screwed up somewhere.

kmi8dy

when i said i programmed the exact same way, except i put in their respective frequencies. everything else was the same. i think i got lucky with shiawassee road commission and owosso hospital because they are booming in loud and clear. i live about 6 blocks from the hospital, and about 7 miles from the road commission. owosso schools are still silent.

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
shiawassee county michigan owosso hospital dmr : cc= 1, tg= 1, sl= 1

I assume that's for -
Owosso Memorial Healthcare Center

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
464.07500 WPXB584 RM OMHC Ops Operations DMR Business

Far as schools, they won't be in session til probably the 2nd or so.
Any more info for the road commission?

Status
Not open for further replies.