Shortcut programming my SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well, I don't think my shortcut programming my new SDS100 worked.
After updating the firmware of the SDS100 with Sentinal, I transferred my existing profile for my 436 and 536 to the SDS100. All looks well on THE SDS100, but NOTHING heard while the 536 is chatting away. I assume I can't simply transfer my 436 profile directly to the SDS100???

Reconrider

Profiles don't transfer between but the favorites,depts and systems will.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
You did not say what procedure you used to transfer profile. If you want your x36 profile on your SDS100, just check SDS100 as the Target Model under Tools in Sentinel and write to scanner. I use the same profile in Sentinel for my 436, 536 and SDS100 and have never had a problem.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well, I don't think my shortcut programming my new SDS100 worked.
After updating the firmware of the SDS100 with Sentinal, I transferred my existing profile for my 436 and 536 to the SDS100. All looks well on THE SDS100, but NOTHING heard while the 536 is chatting away. I assume I can't simply transfer my 436 profile directly to the SDS100???
Any profile that you have in Sentinel will show the same Favorites list as any other profile. So, if you delete one or more lists in your "SDS100" profile that are active in your '436HP' profile, then that list will no longer be available in any profile.

I have four profiles created in Sentinel. One each for my 436HP, 536HP, SDS100, & SDS200. For each profile, I have the same lists of Favorites available for use. But I have varying selections of Favorites set for download & monitoring. Also differing between them are display settings. The two separate SDS scanners have differing display options & selections between them, and have display confihurations that are differing between the 100 & 200. You do not have field or color configurations for the x36HP scanners, so those would not apply to them anyway. And, the configuration of the Favorites lists (when downloaded & used) are slightly different. You may create a profile for one of your x36HP scanners, and that list will work as well in either the 436 or 536 scanners.

But for the SDS series scanners, you can also access settings for filters, as well as the option to enter & use the NAC code for a specific trunked system site. If the active "target model" in Sentinel is set for an x36HP scanner, then unless your designated SDS scanner profile is set to use one of the SDS scanners, you'll not see filter or NAC settings available for usage.

It's best for each profile to also designate the target model to use. I have my profiles set that way (different for each model of scanner). With the matching target model set in the specific profile, then you can set different combinations of Favorites lists to be download and used in the corresponding scanner.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
You did not say what procedure you used to transfer profile. If you want your x36 profile on your SDS100, just check SDS100 as the Target Model under Tools in Sentinel and write to scanner. I use the same profile in Sentinel for my 436, 536 and SDS100 and have never had a problem.

I just clicked on the "computer to scanner" button.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just clicked on the "computer to scanner" button.
If you clicked the 'write to scanner' icon, did you first connect the cable from your PC to the SDS100, as well as get it into Mass Storage Mode before starting? Your SDS100 profile in Sentinel stays there, although it does conrtol which Favorites lists get written to the scanner (and whether they are set to be monitored by default). The profile also sets the service type settings along with other items, to be used on the SDS.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you clicked the 'write to scanner' icon, did you first connect the cable from your PC to the SDS100, as well as get it into Mass Storage Mode before starting? Your SDS100 profile in Sentinel stays there, although it does conrtol which Favorites lists get written to the scanner (and whether they are set to be monitored by default). The profile also sets the service type settings along with other items, to be used on the SDS.
Yes
Yes
I'm currently creating a new Profile for the SDS100. I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.