BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sim card door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

I am afraid I already may know the answer to this one but putting it out there just in case someone knows better than I. My BCD 436 recently sustained an injury from a fall in which the battery door flew off, the batteries flew out, and the sim card door got broken. From what I could tell (as the damn thing is so small and I am no spring chicken) one of the feet which hooks into the holder had the hook bent. Tried to straighten it which just made bad matters worse. Are these doors available to purchase as a replacement part or (as I fear) will I have to send it back to Uniden for repair? Don't want to pay close to 100.00 dollars with repair cost and shipping for a 1cm square piece of metal if I can help it. Thanks in advance.

Eugene Hileman KG4AVE

tvengr

Well Known Member
You will probably find that the SD card door is not broken. I have had it pop out several times when changing cards. You just have to very carefully snap it back into place. If one side of the hook is bent, straighten it out to look like the good side. Small long nose pliers will help.

Last edited:

Eugene

tvenger: Thanks for the reply. I tried that with a pair of hemostats but unfortunately in trying to straighten it (could barely see it and don't have magnifier) the tip broke off and it would not hold.
iMONITOR: I have read that and you are so right.

Eugene KG4AVE

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's a really weird design and very fragile. It's been several years since I messed with one but I know it wasn't really apparent at first how it works.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The Micro SD memory card holder in the BCD436HP is the flimsiest piece of crap ever! :poop:
It's a really weird design and very fragile. It's been several years since I messed with one but I know it wasn't really apparent at first how it works.
Actually didn't take me long to figure that one out. You have to be ever so gentle. Any repairs have to be like you were doing eye surgery.

I don't fuss with the card on the 100. I just hook the radio up to Sentinel.

Eugene

trenttob......so right about the eye surgery part. I would not have messed with it if I didn't have to. Oh well........I like Rich's idea.

Eugene. KG4AVE

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
trenttob......so right about the eye surgery part. I would not have messed with it if I didn't have to. Oh well........I like Rich's idea.

Eugene. KG4AVE
Yep it seems so often that all of us here... end up fixing something with tape LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.