SIREN Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

Glad you asked, this was my take on what was to be offered when the scanner was released. Some sort of claim on the box and in the marketing info led one to believe this was supposed to happen.

Wonder if Uniden is even considering doing this?

Keep in mind Uniden also has the line of home surveillance cameras and it seems they may/will/do offer an App that will allow you to see the cameras remotely and this may need some form of remote access server.

Wonder if the camera and scanner groups actually talk to each other?

mharris

For a while Open VPN worked with my iPhone, but then after an update it quite working. There are tons of people who lost functionality with no fix from Open VPN. This sucks because I don't have an alternate way to configure a VPN that I can get to work.

It would just be easier if Uniden provided what they stated they would in November 2014 when the 436/536 series was announced. It's funny to think its actually been 2.5 years ago and the server was never put online.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Guess I am lucky I run Open VPN no issues on iphone 5s latest IOS and Iphone 7 IOS latest BETA not a single issue.
open is 1.1.1 build 212 ios 64 bit

Also Open VPN fine on Google Pixel no isues

oops maybe you mean a router update?
netgear night hawk if i recall.

For a while Open VPN worked with my iPhone, but then after an update it quite working. There are tons of people who lost functionality with no fix from Open VPN. This sucks because I don't have an alternate way to configure a VPN that I can get to work.

It would just be easier if Uniden provided what they stated they would in November 2014 when the 436/536 series was announced. It's funny to think its actually been 2.5 years ago and the server was never put online.

mharris

Guess I am lucky I run Open VPN no issues on iphone 5s latest IOS and Iphone 7 IOS latest BETA not a single issue.
open is 1.1.1 build 212 ios 64 bit

Also Open VPN fine on Google Pixel no isues

oops maybe you mean a router update?
netgear night hawk if i recall.

Hmmm. There was lots of people in online forums experiencing the same connection issues and it was thought to be something with certificates? I guess I should try a different router. I'll give it a shot. Thanks Jeff!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.