BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Site Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to select the site you wish to listen to whilst held on a channel?

I have my 396 & 996's setup so that each site is in its own system and you can browse to the system and hold on the channel to listen to that TGID on that particular system as the traffic isn't always carried on a closer site..

Is there a way to achieve this in the 436 without making them all separate systems?

KI4SXZ

If you have it set up like that it should work. Just hit hold channel when the traffic comes up. Then it should hold on that site because it the only one in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Reprogramming a system multiple times for each site is stupid and unnecessary. The x36 Location Control will automatically scan only sites in range if the site location coordinates are correct, and the site Range parameter matches the distance you can receive the site.

If you hold on a channel, the scanner will not change sites while waiting for traffic. So if you pick up a talkgroup from site A that is not carried on site B and channel hold on that talkgroup, the scanner will only listen to site A, even if site B is closer.

To hold on a site, press Function, then Department.

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
I think you might have misunderstood. I wanted to hold on Site 0111 and TGID 20005 for a specific event I was listening to. 0111 carries much more traffic as it is a prominent site in a built up area. I can receive this site when I hold on it on my 396. I couldn't manually change from site 0161 on my 436 and I couldn't see how to lock out a site. The traffic was not carried on 0161 yet it locked on to that site,

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No, I didn't. If you're listening to a transmission on TG 20005 and hit Channel hold while squelch is open, the scanner will stop scanning, and monitor only that system, site, and talkgroup until you release the hold.

To manually hold on a site while the scanner is scanning, first hold on the system by pressing System while the desired system is being scanned. Then press Function, then Department to activate Site hold. If the scanner is not on the desired site, press Department again and turn the scroll knob to select the desired site.

Status
Not open for further replies.