SNOHOMISH COUNTY programming help needed!

John98208

Premium Subscriber
After recently moving to Snohomish County, I'm trying to program my Uniden BCD996XT & BCD396XT by downloading from the RadioReference data base thru Freescan so that I can have individual departments (like Everett PD) only as a group. After downloading the Sno.Co. Public Safety SERS Mot.Ty.II file, I delete all other groups (and non-applicable sites) other than Everett PD. Yet when I listen, I'm also hearing SnoComm fire calls and what I suspect are transmissions from other LE departments. Is there a way to do what I want to do? (Anyone with a Freescan file (.996) for Snohomish County with separated departments/agencies as groups that can be toggled on and off ... that you're willing to share with me?) Thanks in advance for any help offered!

louisik1

Feed Provider
I believe these scanners have both search and scan modes. In my old RS scanners I think they were called open and closed modes. In open, the scanner would stop on any frequency on the trunk that it found, while in closed mode (scan mode on the newer ones) it would only lock on to talk groups that had been programmed in, and that were not locked out by you. Maybe that's what's going on in your case.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If we're talking about this system

It looks like while some cities (like Everett and Marysville) have their own talkgroups, many others don't. In these cases, the best you can apparently do is to concentrate on a given region within which these cities reside. Evidently that's how the system is set up., but a local scannist can tell you much more accurately than I.

You can assign a group to each city you want to hear, then have a quick key set up so you can turn them on/off at will.

Mike

John98208

Premium Subscriber
I believe these scanners have both search and scan modes. In my old RS scanners I think they were called open and closed modes. In open, the scanner would stop on any frequency on the trunk that it found, while in closed mode (scan mode on the newer ones) it would only lock on to talk groups that had been programmed in, and that were not locked out by you. Maybe that's what's going on in your case.
Thank you. I’ll look into that.

John98208

Premium Subscriber

John98208

Premium Subscriber

John98208

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I’ll look into that.

John98208

Premium Subscriber
Shoot me an email with your Freescan file and I will take a peek at it.
snocoscanner@snohomishcountyscanner.com

In my FAQ section of my website I have a (old) copy of my Freescan programming for the agencies that SNOCOM dispatches for . May want to look at it, or try it out.
I think the others gave me the solution. I had the scanner set to ID SEARCH instead of ID SCAN. Now that I've changed it, I'm not hearing anything but the specific agency (so far). Thanks. I will send you the file. It's a work in progress with mostly Whatcom County programmed in depth.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's been so long since the last time I saw any system requiring it, but I believe both ProScan and Sentinel will automagically download the required bandplan assuming that the rebanding flag is turned on in the RRDB. Here is where you can find the values for the table from our wiki....

Mike