Software for 8200

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1150r

I was wondering if anyone would share their experience, good or bad, with any of the software packages available for the 8200. I'm looking to get one of them, and only want to have to do it once. Do any work better than others?

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
I use Signal Intel's Spectrum Commander, Butel ARC8200 and JAOR with mine. Of the three I would recommend Spectrum Commander. Although expensive it has a ton of features and works great for logging.

r1150r

I have now tried most of the software available that has a demo. JAOR and ARC8200 I could get to work. JAOR seemed a bit buggy, freezing up each time I used it and requiring a restart on my machine. Also, I was using the AOR cable with a RS DB-9 to USB adapter, so the other software would not even allow me to set up comms because they only recognize ports 1 thru 4 and the USB ports, at least on my PC, were numbered 5 and 6.

Bottom line for me was that ARC8200 was the only one that would work without a bunch of fiddling. I'm very glad I didn't buy anything before I knew all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.