Some talkgroups not working..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigator

I used the reference files to program my Pro95. Some of the talkgroups are not working when I scan in the closed mode. How do I get the right talkgroups? The only way I can think of is scan in the open mode and wait for a hit and document the talkgroup. Any other ideas?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
cigator said:
I used the reference files to program my Pro95. Some of the talkgroups are not working when I scan in the closed mode. How do I get the right talkgroups? The only way I can think of is scan in the open mode and wait for a hit and document the talkgroup. Any other ideas?
In CLOSED MODE, only UNLOCKED programmed ID’s will function. In OPEN MODE, when the scanner stops on a new (not programmed) ID, Press TRUNK, *ID Stored* will show on line 4. This will store the ID in the next available slot. If you know what the ID represents, Press TEXT and key in the new text.

BTW, if the ID was already stored, line 4 will indicate *ID already stored*. If so, press SCAN to continue.

cigator

Thanks, Frank. The talkgroups i'm having a problem with are programmed via Win95 and are unlocked. However, I never get a hit on any of these talkgroups. Makes me thing the talkgroup ID is bad. Do the agencies themselves allow you to have access to their talkgroup info?

JoeyC

What are you trying to listen to? A lot of listed talkgroups are seldom used and you may not hear traffic on them for days. This isn't unusual, nor does it prove they aren't used.

cigator

JoeyC said:
What are you trying to listen to? A lot of listed talkgroups are seldom used and you may not hear traffic on them for days. This isn't unusual, nor does it prove they aren't used.

I'm trying to tune to Winter Garden, FL PD. I'm sure they have active calls, but I never hear them

Status
Not open for further replies.