SDS100/SDS200: Scanning a System for Non-Programmed Talkgroups

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
First, I apologize if there has already been a thread (or four) regarding this. I didn't find anything searching, then again I might not be wording it correctly.

Anyways, is the SDS capable of searching for new talkgroups that I do NOT already have programmed on a system? Years ago I had a TRX-2, and the way of doing this was through a "Wildcard" talkgroup. It would only stop on talkgroups that aren't stored in memory.

From what I've seen, the SDS's "ID Search" function is returning both new talkgroups as well as ones I already have programmed (which is what I don't want).

I appreciate the help!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
First, I apologize if there has already been a thread (or four) regarding this. I didn't find anything searching, then again I might not be wording it correctly.

Anyways, is the SDS capable of searching for new talkgroups that I do NOT already have programmed on a system? Years ago I had a TRX-2, and the way of doing this was through a "Wildcard" talkgroup. It would only stop on talkgroups that aren't stored in memory.

From what I've seen, the SDS's "ID Search" function is returning both new talkgroups as well as ones I already have programmed (which is what I don't want).

I appreciate the help!
Avoid the ones / lock them out so the scanner does not stop on them.
Saint

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 7

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

I appreciate the help!
ID Search picks up every active talkgroup that is not:
Set as Avoid, nor is it in a Department that is set as Avoid.

ID Scan stops only on every active talkgroup that is programmed, and is NOT set as Avoid, nor is it in a Department that is set as Avoid.

To only see new talkgroups, program the ones that you already know, and put them in Departments that are set as Avoid. Since the programmed TGIDs are in a Department set to Avoid, the scanner will not stop on them. As you find, and identify the use of, additional new talkgroups, you can add them to either one of the already programmed Departments that is set Avoid, or collect them in a Department for newly identified talkgroups, and set that Department as Avoid.

For your TRX-2, the wildcard stopped on every active TGID; per your notes, you did not have any of them programmed. So, you also would have been seeing talkgroups you knew, even though, at that time, they were not programmed. To have avoided the ‘known’ talkgroups on the TRX, you would have had to program them, and set the TGID to L/O (locked out).

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
If you have favorites list setup and you have a system programmed, ID scan will scan all of the talk groups that you programmed into the system, if you toggle function E it will ID search the system and receive every active talk group unless you have previously avoided them.