Some UCA talkgroups digital?

Police201

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, so recently i've been using my 2 RTL-SDR dongles and Unitrunker to listen to the UCA SmartZone system, I thought I was hearing digital traffic so I sorted by digital talkgroups and found out Utah County Law 2, Law 3, and UHP have digital and analog traffic going through them. Does anyone know why they are doing this when the state is set to switch over to the P25 Phase 2 system soon?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
the p25 phase 2 system 700mhz launch has been pushed back 3 weeks on all sites and will start in Kane County and move north. Most sites on the 700 mhz system are up and some are in test mode.. Some p25 astro phase 1 traffic does happen on the 800 smartzone system especially talkgroups 57000 and higher, some encrypted.

Police201

Premium Subscriber
the p25 phase 2 system 700mhz launch has been pushed back 3 weeks on all sites and will start in Kane County and move north. Most sites on the 700 mhz system are up and some are in test mode.. Some p25 astro phase 1 traffic does happen on the 800 smartzone system especially talkgroups 57000 and higher, some encrypted.
Do you think that the state might push back the switch over even further?