Somerset county 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Has anyone notice the 700 system doing strange things lately, by that I mean the control channel keeps dropping, I’ve had the site/rfss show up as 0/0. I use a g5 and have NJICS/Middlesex county and a ton of other systems programmed that don’t have any problems so I’m thinking it’s an issue on the system. I have the 500 system setup with no issues either

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Has anyone notice the 700 system doing strange things lately, by that I mean the control channel keeps dropping, I’ve had the site/rfss show up as 0/0. I use a g5 and have NJICS/Middlesex county and a ton of other systems programmed that don’t have any problems so I’m thinking it’s an issue on the system. I have the 500 system setup with no issues either

yes, I am having trouble holding the control channel on the 700 in southern Bernards Twp. its not all the time, though

mdsxfire

EDBM
ok, good to know its not just me, even though all my other systems are working perfect, this happens whether im in somerville literally right on top of one of the towers or out in middlesex county, it also makes the G5 do some weird things right before the control channel drops, even if the status light has just blinked it will blink along with the screen itself getting like a quick line through it, and if the screen goes off right as the CC drops it takes a second after hitting the button to get the screen back on, its like its getting bad data or something.
but again glad to know its not just me

rr60

Premium Subscriber

Consider RF desense of your G5 and not an issue with the system itself.

The RF near field energy can come from numerous sources and should enough signal be present your G5 could exhibit the behavior described. Perhaps another 700 CC or even 700 LTE.

For example when I drive 287/78 where numerous roadside cell sites exist I have brief drop outs on NJICS CC. This occurs only when very close to some cell sites.

My conclusion is that one of the carriers is using one of the 700 LTE bands in this area.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Consider RF desense of your G5 and not an issue with the system itself.

The RF near field energy can come from numerous sources and should enough signal be present your G5 could exhibit the behavior described. Perhaps another 700 CC or even 700 LTE.

For example when I drive 287/78 where numerous roadside cell sites exist I have brief drop outs on NJICS CC. This occurs only when very close to some cell sites.

My conclusion is that one of the carriers is using one of the 700 LTE bands in this area.
So after some testing what u said makes sense, when I am in Somerville the pager is constantly dropping then regaining the CC, and acting strange, there are cell antennas on the same tower as the simulcast 700 site, when I’m in Middlesex county it doesn’t act this way so I am assuming there is an LTE band on the Somerville tower interfering, I am still surprised they allow these bands to be this close.
Thanks for your

rr60

Premium Subscriber
So after some testing what u said makes sense, when I am in Somerville the pager is constantly dropping then regaining the CC, and acting strange, there are cell antennas on the same tower as the simulcast 700 site, when I’m in Middlesex county it doesn’t act this way so I am assuming there is an LTE band on the Somerville tower interfering, I am still surprised they allow these bands to be this close.
Thanks for your

My third hand understanding is that this is driving some system admins crazy. It is always better to control site access then be a tenant. You get what you pay for.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Just a reality which has to make you wonder about “mission ready” on 700. Good stuff here.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have also noticed the cell tower issue on other systems in other locations on the Unication G4/5. Just a heads up as well that for people (like me) that try to use adapters and stronger antennas attached to their G4/5 the issue increases.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Now I remember that thread lol. this is the first location/issue I have had in 2 years since having my G5, and I have to say when it happens I’m probably 100yards from the cell tower and the CC comes back usually within a second, it’s actually been playing a TX dropped the CC but somehow never stopped the TX. What’s a little strange is the CC on somersets 700 is usually a 774 which Is further away from the LTE band, but the CC on my counties Harris system is 769 and I can goto the tower that is on, which has every major cell carrier on it, and stand right under it without a single issue

rr60

Premium Subscriber
There is little signal radiated directly under a cell site. You also do not know which towers have 5G 700MHZ. All cell sites are not created equal. Read and reread link in post #7. Talk to dealer get the tool to get the files off pager and send them in. You may owe me a dollar.

Thanks for your

Yeah, my pager keeps dropping in the Somerville and Raritan area. I work in Raritan and It drops constantly both on 500 and 700. It's very annoying. It's not too bad early in the morning 2-5am, but once It gets later, It gets worse. Is there some kind of update coming that will address the issue?

mdsxfire

EDBM
Yeah, my pager keeps dropping in the Somerville and Raritan area. I work in Raritan and It drops constantly both on 500 and 700. It's very annoying. It's not too bad early in the morning 2-5am, but once It gets later, It gets worse. Is there some kind of update coming that will address the issue?
I have that issue consistently with the 700 system I have full bars then it will just drop into “scanning” then pick the CC back up full bars, it doesn’t this multiple times within a 5 minute period, today as I’m monitoring I haven’t had it do it once in the last 15 mins, so I don’t have an answer, I usually monitor the 500 system in minitor so I can hear all Fire/Ems/Oem etc and most police traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.