South bend Medflight frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua80

157.605 is medflights frequency in the database. I think thats dispatch only. You'll have to listen to the local county fire channels for communication

dons1957

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response. This is one I have been monitoring. No activity yet. However I got one transmission on 152.345.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If you have DMR capabilities, check out the ERS MotoTRBO TRS.

W9NES

As far as on scene communications you might want to try 154.280.on vhf. Sometimes fire departments do not have a safe-t radio and have the old vhf as a backup. Might want to put in a scanner and listen and see what you hear.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Confirmed MedFlight Dispatch Freq/System?

I don't see that anyone in the original thread messages confirmed this - I'm wondering what freq or system/TG Memorial MedFlight uses for keeping in touch with its dispatcher.

I'm in the Chicago area and heard Lurie Childrens Hospital in Chicago working "MedFlight 1" on the hospital's 131.775 helo pad freq. Unknown if this was Memorial MedFlight or possibly a University of Wisconsin Madison Med Flight helo.

Thanks,
Kevin

djbrane

i don't see that anyone in the original thread messages confirmed this - i'm wondering what freq or system/tg memorial medflight uses for keeping in touch with its dispatcher.

I'm in the chicago area and heard lurie childrens hospital in chicago working "medflight 1" on the hospital's 131.775 helo pad freq. Unknown if this was memorial medflight or possibly a university of wisconsin madison med flight helo.

Thanks,
kevin

157.605 ctcss 103.5

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
The Radio Reference database shows the repeater output as 157.605 with the mobile input being 152.345. This is the opposite of what the license shows, which is a 152.345 repeater output with 157.605 being the repeater input. Which is correct? I'm assuming that 152.345 is the actual repeater output frequency, but I'm not within range of the repeater in order to confirm this.

Due to my distance from South Bend, I'd want to listen to the helicopter transmitting on the repeater input frequency.

Thanks!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
No the input is the output. It is reversed, like a few other setups I know of. Might be typo on the lic,... Or it could be this way due to interference etc. There used to be an VHF repeater for an Sheriffs Office in MS that had done this also, due to interference from at least 2 other agencies with same freq that boomed in on Tropo Ducting often enough to cause issues. So they just flipped them around.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
No the input is the output. It is reversed, like a few other setups I know of. Might be typo on the lic,... Or it could be this way due to interference etc. There used to be an VHF repeater for an Sheriffs Office in MS that had done this also, due to interference from at least 2 other agencies with same freq that boomed in on Tropo Ducting often enough to cause issues. So they just flipped them around.

OK, I'm confused. I think you're saying that 157.605 is the actual repeater output, but I want to make sure I understand you correctly, milf.

152.345 is currently shown as the repeater output freq on the license, which seems to be the traditional arrangement with this frequency pair. I wouldn't think that the licensee could just swap the repeater output and input freqs without getting the license modified. It seems that this wouldn't get approval from a frequency coordinator either.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK, I'm confused. I think you're saying that 157.605 is the actual repeater output, but I want to make sure I understand you correctly, milf.

152.345 is currently shown as the repeater output freq on the license, which seems to be the traditional arrangement with this frequency pair. I wouldn't think that the licensee could just swap the repeater output and input freqs without getting the license modified. It seems that this wouldn't get approval from a frequency coordinator either.

On the lic says one thing... Reality is the reverse. Like I said, this is not the first time I have seen this done. Wilkinson County MS Sheriff Office for many, many years ran the input as the output on their VHF repeater. Unless there is an complaint filed about interference, nothing gets said or done until renewal time rolls around. And coordinators do not go out and do inspections of equipment. The filing agency just files and on it goes until big changes come along.

jimsokol

Premium Subscriber
MedFlight also operates on MPSCS when working in SW Michigan. TGs AIRLZ1 and AIRLZ2 (1567 & 1568). I've also heard them mention usage of VCALL10 on VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.