South Zone 166.5625?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I don't spend much time in southern California so I don't have the opportunity to listen to the South Ops dispatcher's net and give you an opinion. If that is what is said in the CA Mobilization Guide, then that is most likely the situation.

The original design included Frazier to Cerro Gordo hop on 164.9125 and Cerro Gordo to Silver Peak hop on 412.400, and finally at Silver Peak a down link to the Inyo dispatcher on 413.900. The return was on 412.400 from the Inyo dispatcherto Silver Peak, 413.9 Silver Peak to Cerro Gordo Peak, and 166.5625 from Cerro Gordo to Frazier. Quite a bit of trouble was experienced on the hop between Cerro Gordo and Frazier so the Inyo NF's radio tech put the link on the state's microwave system. He talked about reducing the length of the Cerro Gordo to Frazier hop by putting something on Breckenridge, but concluded it would have taken three mountain tops and the asssociated link radios purchase and maintenance to accomplish this so he opted for a piggy back ride on the state's microwave instead. I wish he had used the VHF/UHF links, as I would be able to hear the Silver Peak down link on this system and thus be able to hear intitial attack traffic from the southern half of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.