SpectrumForce Mag Mount Antenna No Longer Receiving Signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicLegend519

Premium Subscriber
I have purchased 2 SpectrumForce Mag Mount Wideband antennas from Scanner Master and both of them have stopped receiving signal when connected to my Uniden BCD325P2 scanner. I mount the antenna on the roof of my car and have the wire go through the driver side door. I know it's not an issue with my scanner because I can get reception using my portable antenna. Is there anyway to test the antennas to see what's wrong or how to fix them? I have attached a link below to the antennas I have.

Ravenkeeper

I have purchased 2 SpectrumForce Mag Mount Wideband antennas from Scanner Master and both of them have stopped receiving signal when connected to my Uniden BCD325P2 scanner. I mount the antenna on the roof of my car and have the wire go through the driver side door. I know it's not an issue with my scanner because I can get reception using my portable antenna. Is there anyway to test the antennas to see what's wrong or how to fix them? I have attached a link below to the antennas I have.

Ohm it out. Disconnect from the radio and ohm pin to collar, pin to antenna, and collar to antenna base (not the whip, if you can). Do you use that door frequently?

MusicLegend519

Premium Subscriber
They mention on the listing for the antenna that you can shut your door on it. I guess that was false advertising....

MusicLegend519

Premium Subscriber
Ohm it out. Disconnect from the radio and ohm pin to collar, pin to antenna, and collar to antenna base (not the whip, if you can). Do you use that door frequently?
Yes it is the door I get in and out from when driving.

hill

Premium Subscriber
If you really must use a mag mount it's always best to route the coax in on a door you don't use much. Like a back door or if a two door the passenger side.

Golay

Premium Subscriber
If you really must use a mag mount it's always best to route the coax in on a door you don't use much. Like a back door or if a two door the passenger side.

Exactly. The door you use the least. Myself, when I use the mag mount, I come thru the tailgate.
Biggest metal to metal gap, and most amount of foam to cushion any pinching.

Status
Not open for further replies.