St Clair Co Fire Comm Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I have been doing some research on the St Clair Co fire dispatch channels through StarCom, especially with CENCOM east and CENCOM west. I am only talking about these two dispatch centers for now. I understand and have the two dispatch TG channels for each. I also have the two 'responding' channels for each. I understand that the east agencies switch to the older VHF command channels (color coded) for on scene ops. But the west agencies switch to "Fire Comm 1 thru 4" for on scene ops. I am having trouble finding those channels (and assuming they are TG's) after some searching. Can anyone enlighten me to those TG's? Really curious about them. I have also heard talk about something like 'on scene ops channels' too. Any idea? Thanks to all.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
For clarity I believe only the more eastern rural FDs switch to VHF due to issues reaching the towers and interop with surrounding counties. There are actually 5 Fire Commons.

7014: Fire Common 1
7259: Fire Common 2
7260: Fire Common 3
7261: Fire Common 4
7262: Fire Common 5

Scene ops channels can mean different things depending on the department. Some have their own TG like Washington Park, Camp Jackson, Northwest FPD, etc that they use for ops/general chatter. I believe every muni has a citywide which some FDs use, sometimes they refer to them as citywide or sometimes you hear the FD call them ops/fireground/insert name here and then you will hear a PD unit call it citywide or city channel yada yada yada. Some departments still go to the SOA (scene of action) channels which are off network 700 MHz frequencies.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your reply. SOA was one of the channel groups I was looking for in my query. I will give them a try.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Also, I did a detailed numerical search of TG's for fire common/command type channels and it seems there are many variations of command channels for many departments all through St Clair Co. Probably too many to count. I found the ones you gave me and the last four TG's are labeled NW Fire/Belleville. 7014 is labeled SCC Fire Comm 1. And an extra one I found was 7015 which is labeled SCC Fire Comm 2/EMS Comm 1.
Thanks again for your help.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Variations = different depts. may call them different names. Some may be fireground use only or they may be used by IC people only. Just the way it looked to me. No big deal.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Your correct if I'm understanding this thread correctly.

You have Belleville Fire on the own groups.
Fairview Hts there own also Dispatching foe French Village,and Washington Park, Casyville with there own groups
O'Fallon FD also for Shiloh Etc.
There are many many TG for fire.

I had a list here somewhere, will see if I can find it.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.