St. Croix County System Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Do ya happen to know when the P25 stuff will be used ? Either partial or full - I currently operate the St Croix county audio feed and the scanner I have is analog-only - Thanks

smitty54017

I would imagine they'll start using it as soon as it's tested and shown to be in working order. I would imagine some of their mobile radios are digital capable already, as Pierce Co has been P25 on their main law channel for some time.

KC9UNK

Simulcast

You're going to have A lot of fun trying to continue to run the feed with the new system. There's no scanner that can properly decode CQPSK ( P25 simulcast trunking). The only way to get a clear signal is by getting a bad signal ( only receiving traffic from one tower). Its the same exact headache hundreds are dealing with with Danecom(Dane County Wi) new system. If you look on that forum you'll see exactly what I'm referring to. You won't get all radio traffic and the traffic you do get won't be the greatest most of the time. Unless you can pull it from Wiscom which seems to be the best way depending on the talkgroups that are linked to it.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Thanks for the replies guys. I recently was able to get a new(er) scanner and can maybe use my old 396xt for the digital stuff/feed whenever they get things up n runnin..though it sounds like it might be a bit difficult to decode. I'm about 2 miles away from one of the towers put up for the new system..wonder if turning on the attenuator would do any good for simulcast P25 decode troubles ? I'll have to look at the Danecom topic and see if there's anything that I can do

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
Is the recent database update for St. Croix the effect of this system upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.