Starcom, McHenry County, Fire North Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrygt4

Hello. I am trying to program an Uniden BCD325P2 with Starcom, McHenry County, Fire/EMS Talkgroups, Fire North, 1143, specifically. I download the programming from RadioReference and use Arc XT Pro, but I cannot get it work. All other talkgroups in the county work fine, but not any of FIre/EMS Talkgroups. Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you. Henry

VASCAR2

It is possible to lock out Talk Groups a couple different ways depending on how the system is programmed. It is possible the TG’s are locked out. If there is an error in the actual TG numbers and your on ID scan you won’t hear any TG’s other than those you have programmed that are unlocked. You might try switching to ID search as any TG transmitted that is not encrypted will be received if unlocked.

If Fire and EMS are setup with a Quick Key make sure the Quick Key is on.

Hit the menu button and select Program System.
Select Starcom21 or Whatever System your wanting to check.
Scroll till you can select Edit Group (See if there is a Group Titled McHenry county Fire or McHenry Co EMS).
If you Find a FD or EMS Group select the Group by clicking E/Yes.
you can then scroll through and see if there is a Quick Key and the number. If you want to look at the programmed TG’s in the FD Group high light Edit Channel and Press E/Yes. You can also check each talk group to see if it is locked or unlocked.

You can also unlock all Talk Groups from the Edit Systems Options window. You can toggle between ID Search and ID Scan. Mark’s easier to read scanner manual makes it easier to try and figure out the different menu options.

Here is a link to Mark’s Easier to Read user’s manual for the BDC325P2.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I use ARC-XT also. If you attach your programming file, I will check it for problems. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

henrygt4

Hello. Thank you so much! Henry

Attachments

• revised Randy.zip
    260 bytes · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.