Starcom

ai9f

Premium Subscriber
I cannot get my SDS 200 to receive on Illinois Starcom P25. It scans my favorites lists perfect off of Sentinel programming. I have even did the Zip Code, it scans everything but does not receive anything from the Digital 700/800 Mhz Starcom P25 Network System. It receives P25 & DMR & analog on 155 MHz just fine! I have programmed it & reprogrammed formatted Micro SD card & ran it ran just ZIP code 50 Mile radius, scans everything but no response on reception? I know they still use that network as my 996P2 Uniden picks them up just fine in my truck! I am in discussion with Uniden right now and they sent me another SDS 200 does the same thing? So its either the radio or the Sentinel Programming. I run Proscan also and let it run all night long and it shows nothing but the local activity on the 150 Mhz VHF bands ? ANY SUGGESTIONS!

N9JIG

Sheriff
The first thing I would check is the Service Types, go to the menu and select Select Service Types and turn on all the ones you want to hear (Police, fire etc.).

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100 and when programming a ceryain trunked system I did not program the Service Type. The scanner kept giving me a 'nothing to scan' message. I thought if you didn't program the service type that the scanner would default to Custom 1. Apparently on this specific system it didn't do it. After picking 'fire dispatch' for the system it worked fine.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Consult the database & go through each control channel on the closest site to you (assuming Flora?) Go through each of the control channels in red (Press channel, enter frequency, press channel again). Do you have a pick up on any of them? Did you append said site to your Sentinel programming? If all else fails, post your Sentinel .hpe export as an attachment and someone can have a look at your programming, see directions at bottom of this post

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
The first thing I would check is the Service Types, go to the menu and select Select Service Types and turn on all the ones you want to hear (Police, fire etc.).
Rich is correct. We enabled the service types I wanted to monitor and set them up, and it worked perfectly! That's a common overlook by many scanner hobbyists getting their first SDS100 or SDS200. It's a learning curve.