Sds200 programming for Essex County NJ

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
[/QUOTE]
Sorry to bother but does the SDS200 have a actuator you can turn on or off

I know I posted this in your other thread but its still going to have all the answers to any of your future questions.

Questions in this thread, as well as all the other threads you may start. ;)

Since you just got the scanner, its recommended you read both of these. They pretty much explain everything you will ask in the future.

Easier to Read SDS100/200 Digital Scanner Manual

SDS Sentinel Software Manual

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
You are monitoring NJICS correct? Press CHANNEL, enter 4205 press CHANNEL again. Does the Newark Fire Dispatch talkgroup come up & if yes, stay on it for a bit. Any activity?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm beginning to wonder if that's not the problem. Did they program the NJICS?
I have my doubts as well.
Program ing was done by scanner master
You keep repeating that programming was done by ScannerMaster. When you purchased the scanner, how many, and which, counties did you have them program? If all you specified was one county, then it's likely they only programmed your home county, Bergen. Your order confirmation should show exactly what they loaded.

What is the date of the database version on your scanner? Press the Menu on your scanner. (For the SDS200, that's done by pressing on the Squelch knob,)
Scroll down to Manage Full Database & press the E-YES key to select.
In that menu, scroll down & select Information.
That screen will show you the date for your database version. Current is 01/29/2023.

If you have the most current database, or at least a version from, say, the last month or so, try scanning using the main database, your location, and a range. See if that lets you hear Newark.

If you have a PC, and have installed Sentinel on it, then read the scanner into Sentinel, if you have not already done so. That will preserve a copy of whatever ScannerMaster programmed.

In Sentinel. click on the drop-down File menu & select "Export to hpe file (Favorites list).
1675656756976.png
Select any and all Favorites lists then proceed with the export.
Save the file created to a location on your PC that you can get to.
Open Windows Explorer (called File Explorer on Windows 10)
Find your exported file, then <Right><Click> on it.
Right click on your exported file & choose Compress to ZIP file. (On earlier versions, you may see, instead, an option for "Send To". When you select that, you'll see an option to send the file to a compressed (zipped) folder.)
Once you have exported & zipped the file, then you can attached the zipped file to a post.
Once posted, then we can take a look & see what, if anything, may be missing.