StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

techosupreme

Premium Subscriber
Someone, probably an ISP trooper from one of those districts, was in the area and their radio affiliated with the tower(s) in Kankakee County.

GTO_04
Interesting...
I was able to hear their dispatch communicating back though as well.
Would I need to program my scanner for those talkgroups and lock them out there?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
If when it's scanning the site it says ID SEARCH, then press function and scan, it should switch to ID SCAN. Scan will only scan talkgroups you have programmed in, Search will scan anything it finds on the site whether it's programmed in or not. Not necessary to lock them out.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Is there any talk of any other nothern IL counties going to StarCom?
I believe, at least in the Chicago area, all that will switch over have already. Kane County would be the only one I could see doing it but I haven't heard anything about them moving from VHF. Kendall is going digital eventually but I don't believe they'd go SC21, conventional makes more sense for them.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Supposedly Kendall is set to move to digital by the end of this year with Yorkville (at least) being encrypted. Which is what I heard from someone else.
Little off topic for the thread, but as of February the sheriff has stated encryption will only be used for tactical operations. Kendall Co. Sheriff Dwight Baird Briefs County Board on Radios and Encryption Whether that has changed or not since, who knows. I'd still expect it to be conventional P25 and not SC21.

ibertrang

Little off topic for the thread, but as of February the sheriff has stated encryption will only be used for tactical operations. Kendall Co. Sheriff Dwight Baird Briefs County Board on Radios and Encryption Whether that has changed or not since, who knows. I'd still expect it to be conventional P25 and not SC21.
Something like a one-freq trunk is what I think they would do. They have a car to car that is a P25 one freq trunk which makes me thing they would change all their channels to P25

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Countryside opt in to LTACC filing. No official date as of yet. At least we know the LTACC talkgroup names:

PDDSP-1 (34481)
PDDSP-2 (34482?)

The Southwest Central opt out filing.

Heard Countryside on ISPERN this afternoon using RID 189201. This coincides with other LTACC departments which are all in the 189xxx series.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Heard Countryside on ISPERN this afternoon using RID 189201. This coincides with other LTACC departments which are all in the 189xxx series.
I have previously logged Western Springs FD using 1892xx RIDs. Any chance it could have been 189301?