Stark County Ohio

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Why the gap of 5 TG's? Everyone else on this system has their TG's one right after the other.

I'm just telling you what I suspect. Could be 100% wrong or 100% right or somewhere in between. They do fall alphabetically in between 45129 MOMAQUAD and 45152 PLAIN FD DSP in the database. And it is widely known that Perry has said they would be encrypted. I'm convinced enough for my own use. In my files they are listed as Perry Twp PD Disp and Perry Twp PD 2. What they show up as in the DB, if they ever do, is no concern of mine. And, since they are 100% encrypted it really doesn't matter who they are because none of us are going ot hear them.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
45210 Osnaburg Local Schools Emergency Radio, tested this morning. I see we had 45018 previously identified as a countywide school emergency. So, do all schools have their own as well? Cancom answered the test from Osnaburg High School Principal probably due to the fact that they dispatch East Canton Police.

I see in the old Canton-Stark system DB that multiple schools have talkgroups for their panic buttons. So I guess I'm not surprised that they may carry some of this over. Of course I didn't look to see if Osnaburg was one of them.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Anybody know who "917" is? I ccan't tell if its a unit "917" calling into dispatch all the time, or if it is a unit calling into dispatch and calling the dispatch "917".

N8MWY

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know who "917" is? I ccan't tell if its a unit "917" calling into dispatch all the time, or if it is a unit calling into dispatch and calling the dispatch "917".

Waynesburg PD units are in the 900 series, but as of yesterday they were still on 155.745. Where did you hear it?

Don

Last edited:

N8MWY

Premium Subscriber
**UPDATED**

Stark County has 7 dispatch centers. This is the most current list of “who dispatches whom”

1. Red Center - Located at the Jackson Twp Safety Center

Beach City FD, Beach City PD, Brewster FD, Brewster PD, Canal Fulton FD, Canal Fulton PD, East Wayne FD, Erie Valley FD, Hills & Dales PD, Jackson Twp FD, Jackson Twp PD, Lawrence Twp FD, Lawrence Twp PD, Lexington Twp FD, Massillon FD, Massillon PD, Navarre PD, Perry Twp PD, Waynesburg PD, Wilmot FD, Wilmot PD.

2. Central Communications (Cencom) – Located at Nimishillen Twp FD Station #3
Canton Twp FD, East Sparta FD, Hartville FD, Louisville FD, Marlboro Twp FD, Nimishillen Twp FD, North Lawrence FD, Osnaburg Twp FD, Perry Twp FD, Tri-Division Ambulance, Uniontown FD

3. Stark County Sheriff (Starcom)
Hartville PD, Magnolia FD, Magnolia PD, Marlboro Twp PD, Mohawk Valley FD, Plain Twp FD, Quad Ambulance, Stark County Dog Warden, Stark County Park Rangers, Stark County Sheriff, Uniontown PD

4. Canton City (Cancom)
Canton City FD, Canton City PD, East Canton PD, Greentown FD, Louisville PD

5. North Canton City (Norcom)
North Canton FD, North Canton PD
*FD Units refer to dispatch as “52”

6. Alliance City (Central Dispatch)
Alliance FD, Alliance PD

7. Minerva Police
Minerva PD, Sandy Creek FD

Central Dispatch (Alliance) dispatches Lexington Twp. FD.

Don

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Earlier, Erie Valley Rescue 2 was calling Dispatch on 45075. However, there was no response. Not sure what 45075 is, but it could be a shared talkgroup and Erie Valley probably was on the wrong talkgroup. But Erie Valley does have access to that talkgroup. I actually think it is probably Erie Valley Fire and Rescue 2.

45054 is active tonight -- called "Citywide" -- Canton units on it, and may be a non-Canton unit or two -- at some event location.

45143 active at various times during the day with "917" and some others, RIDS 7601372 - 7601379. They are waynesburg units. But I don't know if it's a Waynesburg dedicated TG or not.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Good to know, thanks for the number.

Don

You're welcome, Don. I cannot guarantee that TG 45143 is a dedicated dispatch channel for Waynesburg, but thus far Waynesburg are the only radios I have heard on it (and the only radio IDs I've seen on it). It is probably Waynesburg Police Dispatch. But before I add it I want to record a little more.

N8MWY

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome, Don. I cannot guarantee that TG 45143 is a dedicated dispatch channel for Waynesburg, but thus far Waynesburg are the only radios I have heard on it (and the only radio IDs I've seen on it). It is probably Waynesburg Police Dispatch. But before I add it I want to record a little more.

Thanks, I’ll be watching it as well. I do hope they have their own talk group, Navarre and Brewster tie up my radio too much and I usually lock them out.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
In regards to the South Fire & South Police talkgroup arrangement, I think it is becoming quite clear now.

South Fire which includes Beach City, Brewster, Erie Valley, and Wilmot are all dispatched on South Fire (45168) and each have their own TG which is channel 2 in each department’s radios:

Beach City – 45029

Brewster – 45031

Erie Valley – 45075

Wilmot – 45182

South Police which includes Beach City, Brewster, Navarre, and Wilmot are al dispatched on South Police (45169) and each have their own TG which is channel 2 in each department’s radios:

Beach City – ????

Brewster – 45030

Navarre – 45131

Wilmot – ????

We have two more puzzle pieces to find.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just added 45143 as Waynesburg Police Dispatch. But they have another talkgroup I think, 45178. There was activity on 45178 yesterday and some days back testing. Live traffic has been on 45143. But I suspect they are both Waynesburg talkgroups.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Central Dispatch (Alliance) dispatches Lexington Twp. FD.

Don

Red Center still has them listed on their website but it has not been updated since Dec 12, 2016. I cannot hear them down here in Robertsville so I would not know they had moved. Thanks for the update. Also, Washington Twp FD is dispatched by Central Dispatch so it must be Alliance as well.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
They were Canton Fire Bureau units at the Canton Civic Center for a concert. Nice find.

Thanks. I found it in my recordings after my buddy told me that he heard/recorded it. In the old Stark-Canton 800 DB they have CAN CITYWIDE and then two Citywide PD/FD talkgroups. I assumed that this was the "CAN CITYWIDE" one.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
In the old Stark-Canton 800 DB they have CAN CITYWIDE and then two Citywide PD/FD talkgroups. I assumed that this was the "CAN CITYWIDE" one.

Yea, they were in the radios but seldom, if ever, used. Most big event stuff, including HOF, was on Fire West & Fire Central. Sometimes they used the CFD HOF TG but ran into issues when mutual aid agencies did not have that TG programmed.

N8MWY

Premium Subscriber
I just added 45143 as Waynesburg Police Dispatch. But they have another talkgroup I think, 45178. There was activity on 45178 yesterday and some days back testing. Live traffic has been on 45143. But I suspect they are both Waynesburg talkgroups.

Not being a huge fan of digital, I will say it IS nice being able to hear the Waynesburg mobiles now. They rarely seemed to be able to hit the VHF repeater very well.

Don

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Not being a huge fan of digital, I will say it IS nice being able to hear the Waynesburg mobiles now. They rarely seemed to be able to hit the VHF repeater very well.

Don

From my location in Carrollton I couldn't pick up the majority of Stark County traffic on VHF/UHF -- except for the extreme south stuff. So, from that standpoint, I'm really enjoying the ability to easily pull in the new simulcast.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider

Just a guess, but maybe one is a Waynesburg PD / Magnolia PD mutual TG

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just a guess, but maybe one is a Waynesburg PD / Magnolia PD mutual TG

You're right. Only spending time listening to both will tell us. You and others who have monitored Stark for years will know better than I. I simply added 45143 as Waynesburg Police Dispatch because that's where I've seen any "live" activity with Waynesburg this evening, including a traffic stop where they had dispatch run a license. I'm going to assume it's dedicated to Waynesburg. But I guess it's possible that both talkgroups are even shared amongst the two. Since Magnolia doesn't seem to be on yet, I couldn't see. I figure it's better for it to be in the DB so people will listen to it. If it turns out that I've submitted something incorrectly, I'm sure all of you who are more familiar with Stark Co will submit updates/corrections :)