State of Kentucky P25 7/800 Trunked Radio System

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you this... It's moving along at a good pace. There is a lot of infastrcture that has to be done even before the install and updating of the subscriber units and consoles at the dispatches Will it be this year probably not.. Next year probably

red8

I can tell you this... It's moving along at a good pace. There is a lot of infastrcture that has to be done even before the install and updating of the subscriber units and consoles at the dispatches Will it be this year probably not.. Next year probably
That is pretty good for a state system. The real problem is going to be at local and county level. I would be surprised if you get 100% from the Sheriff's on trying to get them on board. I remember when my agency switched to 800 trunk system, the rep from Motorola told us the system had interoperability. "WRONG !" And now we are a statewide interoperable 700/800 P25 system.Now this system has been in since 2008 and this 2024 and the Sheriff in the that reside in now come on line only to have coverage on the east side of the Parish, the west side is still a conventional, scratchy receiving analog,UHF 460 system.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
All State Systems have Interoperability Channels the all Agencies have access to. So if you State Radios were Programmed Properly then you have access to the same channels and it boils down to a TRAINING and LOCAL POLICY issue. The TACN System has 4 Law Enforcement 4 EMS and 4 Fire Mutual Aid Channels per District the all users have as was used here in our area for a several day search.

gtaman

I just noticed today there is a new radio tower in front of Buc-ees.

I think they are indeed going heavy with the infrastructure before licensing and turn up.

I can really kind of see why they would hurry up and build it and turn it on in the western part of the state first cause they actually get bad weather there in the eastern part of the state in central part of the state there’s no hurry because it never does anything and they can take their in the eastern central part

I know.they have some new license it’s part of that project they are doing with uk and Georgetown I kind of wonder If it might have some state talk groups like the system in northern ky

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Progress being made.
pic 1- 1 7/800 antenna installed
pic 2- 2 7/800 antennas installed, pre hardline install
pic 3- 2 7/800 antennas installed, hardline run
pic4- tower crew securing hardline

Attachments

• 1 Ant.png
    1 Ant.png
    879.6 KB · Views: 31