State Police Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiend15

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello fellow scanners. I live in Montgomery County New York and I monitor the New York state police Troop G. My question is I hear the state police on 155.445 on all 3 PL tones of 127.3 , 146.2 and 167.9

I so far have only heard 154.680 on the PL tone of 167.9

My guess is that I can hear the state police base on 155.445 on all 3 PL tones due to the fact that they have a much more powerful signal than the mobile cars. I believe that I can only hear 154.680 mobiles on the PL tone of 167.9 which is listed as the PL tone for my county. Would I be correct in saying that I might as well not program 154.680 into my scanner with the PL tones of 127.3 and 146.2 because since they are coming from the mobiles I will probably never hear them. Hope I did not confuse anybody. Please get back to me if you have an answer for my question. Thank you kindly.

tom_guess

Good assumption and it will generally be true all the time.

But leave your mobile freq in. You never know when one maybe broadcasting close to your location. If you travel with your scanner, you'd be surprised how often you'll hear the mobile freq.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Actually you should leave the mobile frequency in your scanner and just don't bother putting the pl tone in -- that is unless you get intermod or interference on the frequency. That way if you DO travel then you won't have to worry about whether or not you have the right pl tone in for the NYSP zone you're in.

Mike
Watertown, NY

MB

Feed Provider
Also, if you can't just program 154.680 in with CSQ, I would suggest you also program 154.680 with a PL of 110.9.

In troop B, a lot of special units ( BCI, CVEU, BP1 - Boat Patrol, Interstate Patrol, MRT, NARCO, C-NET, Local Police agencies, County Sheriffs, etc...) use a PL of 110.9.

I would also program 155.445 with a PL of 110.9. In Troop B they use this PL for their backup repeater system, and also as a Barracks to Barracks "INTERCOM".

In Troop B I have also seen them use their F1 with no PL..

I don't know if Troop G operates similar to Troop B as far as the 110.9 PL, repeater system and INTERCOM goes.. Could anyone verify this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.