Steven Seagal Lawman

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPrine

Sorry about your wife, James. I'd be perfectly happy to have chronic drunks put to sleep.

So what's going on? I thought I saw promos a month or two ago about a new season for this stupid show, and it might be on now. I took it out of my Tivo lineup after the second season & am not interested in watching the show, but it seems like "Seagull' has been discredited & terminated any relationship with JPSO, so even though Seagull owns the production company that makes the show, I can't see how JPSO didn't resist a new season.

I'm not sure about the show's status. I knew Normand suspended Seagal's commission after that little complaint a few months back, but apparently it was reinstated recently?

I can't bring myself to watch the show...I love police work and LEOs too much to see it debased as a self-promotion gimmick by a fading actor.

"10-98 10-8 RTF..."

charlie12

There are no records of Steven Seagal receiving POST certification in California or Louisiana. But he doesn't need it anyway, as it's completely voluntary for reserve officers:

LCLE: POST Certification of Reserve Officers

From JPSO website

To be considered for a position of Reserve Deputy, you must meet the following criteria:
The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Reserve Division is also seeking qualified Officers for lateral entry into its Reserve Division. Applicants must have graduated from a P.O.S.T. approved academy, and will be required to successfully complete the same processing criteria required by Personnel, of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.
Download the application. Complete the application and return to personnel. Application must be returned in person. If you are interested in serving the community by becoming a J.P.S.O. Reserve Deputy, contact the J.P.S.O. Reserve Division at 376-2438, or visit them at 1233 Westbank Expressway, Harvey, LA.

Reserve Division - Recruiting / Requirements

rexgame

Drexel Hill, Upper Darby Twp, Delaware Co, Pennsyl
From JPSO website

To be considered for a position of Reserve Deputy, you must meet the following criteria:
The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Reserve Division is also seeking qualified Officers for lateral entry into its Reserve Division. Applicants must have graduated from a P.O.S.T. approved academy, and will be required to successfully complete the same processing criteria required by Personnel, of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.
Download the application. Complete the application and return to personnel. Application must be returned in person. If you are interested in serving the community by becoming a J.P.S.O. Reserve Deputy, contact the J.P.S.O. Reserve Division at 376-2438, or visit them at 1233 Westbank Expressway, Harvey, LA.

Reserve Division - Recruiting / Requirements

and I raise you, lol:
Steven Seagal gets to play cop - Los Angeles Times
"Seagal says he attended a police academy in Los Angeles and has a certificate from Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST), an organization that accredits police officers. POST officials in California and Louisiana said they had no record of Seagal being certified."

charlie12

I like the part in the show last night when they found the gun in the barbeque pit. He said they would take it and see who it was registered to ect....
We don't register guns in La.

Status
Not open for further replies.