Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that WIDE callsign doesn't show up on any lists that I have access to.

The last time they did CAP over NYC the tankers used the callsign IGOR, that doesn't show up in any lists either (that I can find). I'm new to milair monitoring so not sure if it's standard that the tankers use random one time callsigns for CAP flights ?

I think we talked about SPUR some while ago standing for Special Priority User Request as the acronym or something like that.

I've asked about that in other forums but never got a definitive answer. I've also heard "Special Priority Urgent Request", but then others have said that's not true and that it's not an acronym for anything.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
REACH036 with KC-46A 17-46036 with ZNY climbing through FL210 055, currently skirting the coast of Long Island.

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
The last time they did CAP over NYC the tankers used the callsign IGOR, that doesn't show up in any lists either (that I can find). I'm new to milair monitoring so not sure if it's standard that the tankers use random one time callsigns for CAP flights ?

I've asked about that in other forums but never got a definitive answer. I've also heard "Special Priority Urgent Request", but then others have said that's not true and that it's not an acronym for anything.
Last few CAPs over NJ, tankers were using the callsign NICE. Others used were WINK and NATION.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
SAM303, 98-001 ADFEB7, B752, departed ADW earlier this morning and ready to land in the Dominican Republic carrying Sec'y of State and others for the inauguration of the new president there to be held today.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
RCH756T 04-4134 AE123F C17 up and out early this morning headed NW, guessing he's headed to Wisconsin for tomorrow's visit.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Todays OC Airshow cancelled due to bad wx :(

Tech was right about CAP intruder post yesterday... Made the news.
May not be charged but I bet pilot license is in jeopardy.

I think an armed MH-6 could take down that RV-7 if need be.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Heading NW, currently south of Buffalo
See HOIST 98,99 into Elmendorf this evening.. Red Flag Alaska 20-3 just ended.
Maybe tankers for participants headed home.

Report that some reporters on AF-1 back to Andrews tonight overflew a drone on twitter.
Nothing official yet heard.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

Status
Not open for further replies.