Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Ron

I think we determined that the Washington Center location for Millville was actually the Rainbow LF site
RCAG Sites - NJ Millville, NJ - RCAG 99 39.417222 -75.135 80

But New York Center has the correct lat/long for the site.

mdmonitor

1451- Hoku 51 off ADW heading west. Didn't stay too long ?

1314- ADS-B hex AE5B26 has been working off PAX this PM. According to the database this hex belongs to F/A-18E # 169215 from VX-9 out in China Lake CA.

1317- Couple of HMX-1 acft (no calls noted) working on discrete (273.95). They are over the Nottingham VOR and checking on wx conditions.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Callsign was DEVIL 11. I assume an F-16 ? Heard them depart ACY and then doing approaches at MDT, then went to DOV (LiveATC), and now back on ADSB-X and looks like heading out to W107 to hookup with TOPCAT5.
Rgr on tape DEVIL 11 flight on ZNY 322.400 eta Harrisburg 10 minutes and was going to land Harrisburg but then called back something about a TOD of 2 hours and said a change of mission. Will just keep the rest of our flight plan after Harrisburg.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Related ? RCH313. They both seemed to fly the same corridor over the UK. Designated Hazmat route ?
Funny RCH 476 departed Volkel today NW bound back across Southern England then down the coast
to Gibraltar then East thru the Med to Aviano.. Talk about taking the long way to get there.
Be like flying from NY to Atlanta via Kansas City and Dallas route :)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Understand the TIGER B-2's landed Fairford UK tonight after Lajes stop.. Not sure where two JUICY Buffs ended up as was out.

Three B-2 Spirit stealth bombers, assigned to Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri, hot-pit refuel at Lajes Field, Azores, March 16, 2021. The B-2s refueled at Lajes prior to supporting bomber task force missions in the Arctic region. I believe these are your TIGERS or JUICY planes.

B2.jpg

mdmonitor

I've been hearing PINWHEEL on HF, not a great signal though.

Do they send a check out of net message prior to landing?

Travis

Usually starts with E-6B/E4B contacting HF-GCS stn and sending authentication msg which is answered by the HF-CS stn with another authentication code & the acft confirms that authentication is valid with another code then tells the HF-GCS stn whether they are entering or exiting the net. Sometimes the acft will broadcast authentications in the blind if the HF-GCS stn doesn't respond.

Not sure at what point in the flight that they have to report entering or exiting the net. I would guess that they would report entering the net soon after takeoff since I've heard the PAX TACAMO broadcasting EAMs fairly soon after departure from PAX. Would think that exiting the net would be fairly soon before landing. Sometimes you'll hear the entering and departing acft contact each other--sort of a handshake/handoff.

mdmonitor

If your HF reception is poor I would recommend trying this SDR on this list: http://kiwisdr.com/public/

There area ton of them located all over the world. For US, especially HF-GCS I recommend the one in Lamont Canada ve6slp. He gets great reception of CONUS, particularly of the San Francisco MWARA, good for tracking US acft heading to the Pacific. The only trouble with the Lamont SDR is that the owner is a member of the Canadian version of MARS, so when he's transmitting it blocks out the signal on the SDR.

freqhopping

If your HF reception is poor I would recommend trying this SDR on this list: http://kiwisdr.com/public/

There area ton of them located all over the world. For US, especially HF-GCS I recommend the one in Lamont Canada ve6slp. He gets great reception of CONUS, particularly of the San Francisco MWARA, good for tracking US acft heading to the Pacific. The only trouble with the Lamont SDR is that the owner is a member of the Canadian version of MARS, so when he's transmitting it blocks out the signal on the SDR.

There is one in Burke, VA and another PA I use. Just heard DEADFALL standing by for traffic on 4724. Reception wasn't much different on the Burke station.

I'll have to check out some more.

2032- Heard DEADFALL again. VE6SLP reception was pretty similar to my own. Better than earlier.

Last edited:

ZNY3347

Rgr on tape DEVIL 11 flight on ZNY 322.400 eta Harrisburg 10 minutes and was going to land Harrisburg but then called back something about a TOD of 2 hours and said a change of mission. Will just keep the rest of our flight plan after Harrisburg.
Wow, would've been cool for them to land at Harrisburg!

mdmonitor

There is one in Burke, VA and another PA I use. Just heard DEADFALL standing by for traffic on 4724. Reception wasn't much different on the Burke station.

I'll have to check out some more.

2032- Heard DEADFALL again. VE6SLP reception was pretty similar to my own. Better than earlier.

Yea, when reception is lousy in our area sometimes it's better in the Midwest or West. I would also recommend SDRs in Atlanta, KPH in Calif. there's one in Idaho that very good, and a couple of other Alberta ones. all three of them are Canadian MARS guys so they have bodacious antennas, etc.

I heard the " standing by for traffic" call, but I heard him as Dead Ball.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
From yesterday's recordings: 260.900 CAP Pri; 247.050 Areflng; 259.900 a/a. On 260.900 a comment was made that there was broken/unreadable comms on CONAR 2; possible satcom? Playing back the recording several times they could be saying comm air 2.

Rich

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
From yesterday's recordings: 260.900 CAP Pri; 247.050 Areflng; 259.900 a/a. On 260.900 a comment was made that there was broken/unreadable comms on CONAR 2; possible satcom? Playing back the recording several times they could be saying comm air 2.

Rich

Since they tried to use the Satcom on Monday, I have added satcom channels to my feed from here - so maybe next time we might hear the uplink from the fighters. Since the aircraft are basically overhead we might get lucky.

Known CONUS UHF Satcom Networks

Down Up Description
----------------------------------------------------------
260.4750 294.0750 CONR-1 NORAD

260.7250 294.3250 CONR-2 EADS (B-52 assets) <------------ CONR-2

263.9250 297.5250 CONR-3 WADS (Air Defense, E-3 Early Warning)
261.5750 295.1750 C-SARSAT / SOCOMM
265.2500 306.2500 401-Net JIATF (Counter-Narcotics)
268.1500 309.1500 DOD VIP Assets Net - Air Force 1 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.