Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

1345- The Golden Knights Dash-6 (# 10-80264) is at Leesburg Executive Airport.

They were in town so a student at Potomac Falls High School (a few miles down the street from Trump's golf course) could jump with the the Black team. As it was happening the only info I had was from the school's Twitter page.

Now there is a news story.

This is another interesting flight.
a60693

Last edited:

mdmonitor

They were in town so a student at Potomac Falls High School (a few miles down the street from Trump's golf course) could jump with the the Black team. As it was happening the only info I had was from the school's Twitter page.

Now there is a news story.
Travis

WOW !!!! Stuff like this NEVER makes the main news. Thanks for sharing.

mdmonitor

1458- Reach 01 working Giantkiller (118.125) advising they are wrapping up mission. Idents as flt of two KC-46s working w/two F-15E's.

Maybe this whole exercise was a demo for some Pentagon brass? F-15Es from Mass ANG or Seymour-Johnson?

1505- Shado 83 (E-6B # 162783 AE040E VQ-4) off PAX heading southwest. Maybe going back to Tinker.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Last edited:

GriffissSpotter

Are you scanning Wheeler Sack Approach 257.600 ?

And these, not sure how accurate - 233.700 (Base Ops), 319.250 (Flight Following), 347.700 (Range).
It’s definitely 277.6, Who ever GAMBIT is, is some sort of control center, or something like that because all transmissions seem to go through GAMBIT first then GAMBIT relays unless it was a direct comm between COUGAR11 and MOJO85 for example. I just got done with football practice so I’ll go home and listen again.
My guess is that is has something to do with the Eastern Air Defense Sector.

AirScan

GAMBIT relays unless it was a direct comm between COUGAR11 and MOJO85 for example.

What's really weird is MOJO85 is the callsign of a KC-10 operating in the Persian gulf, showing over Kuwait and Iraq during the same time you were receiving them. Link - MOJO85.

Wild speculation but maybe some sort of strange SATCOM thing going down where they are simulcasting on State side frequencies ??? Or being so close to their dish you are actually receiving the SATCOM transmissions ? Is that even possible with a handheld scanner and standard antenna ? Kinda make sense though when you say the reception was muffled and hard to understand.

COUGAR 11, are there Langley F-22s over there right now ?

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Interesting aircraft contract issued today for work in the northeast.

Lockheed Martin Corp., Owego, New York, is awarded a $447,230,778 firm-fixed-price order for the production and delivery of 12 MH-60R aircraft for the government of the Republic of Korea. Work will be performed in Owego, New York (52%); Stratford, Connecticut (40%); and Troy, Alabama (8%), and is expected to be completed in December 2024.

GriffissSpotter

What's really weird is MOJO85 is the callsign of a KC-10 operating in the Persian gulf, showing over Kuwait and Iraq during the same time you were receiving them. Link - MOJO85.

Wild speculation but maybe some sort of strange SATCOM thing going down where they are simulcasting on State side frequencies ??? Or being so close to their dish you are actually receiving the SATCOM transmissions ? Is that even possible with a handheld scanner and standard antenna ? Kinda make sense though when you say the reception was muffled and hard to understand.

Only the aircraft transmissions were muffled though, I could hear GAMBIT loud and clear, whoever that is must be somewhere close.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if those transmissions should be in the clear ? I'll shut up now. Moderator - maybe should delete my last two posts ?

View attachment 102166

Could be a link between two satellites (one covering Middle East and the other over the Atlantic).

Someone at my front door now. Black suburbans with satcom antennas on roof. Maybe they need some radio information or help ...........

GriffissSpotter

I looked up SHELL on mdmonitor's list and backs up this evidence as well.
SHELL KC-10 tasked to/from the Middle East (also KC-135R)
SHELL KC-135R 6th ARW, RAF Mildenhall UK

ra7850

1458- Reach 01 working Giantkiller (118.125) advising they are wrapping up mission. Idents as flt of two KC-46s working w/two F-15E's.

Maybe this whole exercise was a demo for some Pentagon brass? F-15Es from Mass ANG or Seymour-Johnson?

1505- Shado 83 (E-6B # 162783 AE040E VQ-4) off PAX heading southwest. Maybe going back to Tinker.
I'm not certain, but I don't believe Mass ANG have F15-E models.

Status
Not open for further replies.