Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
DAILY GUIDANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2022

At 3:30 PM ET, the First Lady will attend and deliver remarks at a political finance event in Mount Kisco, NY.
At 5:30 PM ET, the First Lady will attend and deliver remarks at a political event in Plainview, NY.
At 7:30 PM ET, the First Lady will attend and deliver remarks at a political finance event in New York, NY.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Good morning,

ADOBE 11 (86-0038) took ZESTY 81 flight to Eielson AFB yesterday on Coronet North 720.
The KC-10 was on a round-robin from Travis AFB, does anyone know where the fighters departed from ?

Thanks !
I saw ADOBE-11 circling Boise Idaho area starting at 1723z before turning towards Alaska at 1735z
Did two loops then pressed on in replay. Some MO F-15E birds?
1667132819540.png

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
1111- C-17 EIDER 33 just departed JFK after a quick stop, either picking up or dropping off potus equipment. Original track was out of ADW.

FLOTUS equipment for today's events in Mount Kisco, Plainview, and finally New York, NY possibly.

But it could be for the Monday, October 31, visit when POTUS will travel to New York, NY, landing at John F. Kennedy International Airport, near Hangar 19, about 9:50 AM ET.

On Tuesday, November 1, the President will travel to Fort Lauderdale, FL, landing at Sheltair Aviation, Fort Lauderdale, about 1:50 PM ET. While there he is scheduled to deliver remarks at the OB Johnson Park/Community Center in Hallandale Beach.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1111- C-17 EIDER 33 just departed JFK after a quick stop, either picking up or dropping off potus equipment. Original track was out of ADW.
Funny callsign as most crews pronounce it it I-Der as its spelled but last week heard crew into Dover mis-pronounce it Eeder.
I started looking around for maybe new callsign then saw it was Eider.. LOL
Named after Sea ducks or the German river? Eider Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Rgr Ron SHELL is usually overseas tanker callsign rare in the US :)

12:23 local hearing DEVIL-11 flight up on Philly apch 319.150.. Flyover for Eagles game?
Hope the CAP F-15's don't go chasing after them :)

Last edited:

frank3si

The last three days have seen favorable flight plans and weather/atmospheric conditions for capturing the USAF refueling missions over New Castle DE that have been underway for much of that time. This was taken about 30 minutes ago, WIDE40 out of New Hampshire. Can anyone familiar with tanking operations tell me what this trail is? You can see it forward of the F-15 tails, so it's coming from the area of the KC-46 boom. It would appear then disappear every three or four seconds, sometimes appearing more prominent and at other times wispier.

2499 Tight Edit 1500.jpg

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The last three days have seen favorable flight plans and weather/atmospheric conditions for capturing the USAF refueling missions over New Castle DE that have been underway for much of that time. This was taken about 30 minutes ago, WIDE40 out of New Hampshire. Can anyone familiar with tanking operations tell me what this trail is? You can see it forward of the F-15 tails, so it's coming from the area of the KC-46 boom. It would appear then disappear every three or four seconds, sometimes appearing more prominent and at other times wispier.
Probably fuel overflow while tanking.. got to relieve tank vapor pressure somewhere while jamming all that fuel in. Nice pic! :)
12:39 WIDE-41 KC-135 now taking over tanker duties. NOBLE-11 flight says not quite used to that KC-46A type talking to WIDE-41.

Last edited:

Hbright

DAILY GUIDANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2022

At 3:30 PM ET, the First Lady will attend and deliver remarks at a political finance event in Mount Kisco, NY.
At 5:30 PM ET, the First Lady will attend and deliver remarks at a political event in Plainview, NY.
At 7:30 PM ET, the First Lady will attend and deliver remarks at a political finance event in New York, NY.
02-0042 dropped her off at Laguardia last night then returned to ADW. I guess she overnighted in the City. Wonder how she's getting around today?

ra7850

Premium Subscriber

View attachment 130272
Looks like the fuel that remaining the in the boom (arm) after disconnecting if fuel flow didn't shutoff properly prior to disconnecting. There have been instances of force disconnects as well and it could be that. I don't think it's normal operation. The F15 wings each have a fuel vent on the trailing edge, and the F15 in the picture also has external wing tanks, which also have vents. It doesn't appear to be coming from those. Someone in this group might have the audio, if that's the case the F15 pilot would most certainly have reported it to the boom operator if he didn't notice it.

Robert

frank3si

Looks like the fuel that remaining the in the boom (arm) after disconnecting if fuel flow didn't shutoff properly prior to disconnecting. There have been instances of force disconnects as well and it could be that. I don't think it's normal operation. The F15 wings each have a fuel vent on the trailing edge, and the F15 in the picture also has external wing tanks, which also have vents. It doesn't appear to be coming from those. Someone in this group might have the audio, if that's the case the F15 pilot would most certainly have reported it to the boom operator if he didn't notice it.

Robert

I did see it on several passes yesterday and today - I was guessing it was vaporized fuel but wasn't sure. I believe I only saw it on KC-46 operations, and not when KC-10s out of McGuire took over - though of course I didn't see every single pass by both kinds of tanker. It was generally the KC-46 flights from New Hampshire in the morning, with the KC-10s taking over afternoon into evening.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 31, 2022 – NOVEMBER 6, 2022

MONDAY POTUS will travel from Wilmington, Delaware to New York, New York, and join FLOTUS. They will return to the White House after.

TUESDAY he will travel to Fort Lauderdale, Florida will participate in a reception in Golden Beach, Florida. After, the President will travel to Miami Gardens, Florida and will participate in a political event at Florida Memorial University.

THURSDAY he will travel to New Mexico.

No word on his plans for next weekend.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Monday NYC travel schedule...

9:50 AM POTUS arrives John F. Kennedy International Airport New York
10:00 AM POTUS departs John F. Kennedy International Airport
10:15 AM POTUS arrives at Wall Street Landing Zone
11:00 AM POTUS and FLOTUS attend a private memorial service
12:55 PM POTUS and FLOTUS departs Wall Street Landing Zone
1:20 PM POTUS and FLOTUS departs John F. Kennedy International Airport en route Joint Base Andrews
2:10 PM POTUS and FLOTUS arrive at Joint Base Andrews
2:20 PM POTUS and FLOTUS depart Joint Base Andrews en route the White House
2:40 PM POTUS and FLOTUS arrive at the White House, North Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.