Storm spotters in DFW area

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowflyer

I've forgotten so much.. I've got an old Radio Shack Pro 2022. Can this still be used to listen to storm spotter on RACES network. And, if so, where would I find a frequency list for and around the DFW area? I feel like it's starting all over again.

Also have a RS Pro106 that way back when I used Win 500 (I think) and a programming cable, but have completely forgot how to use, or if that is even still possible.

Advice/Opinions sought. (y)

slowflyer

Thanks for the links. I think I was able to find most of the ones I am interested in.

On the RS 106, Is Win 500 still the best (easiest) route to take to see what's in all the talkgroups and to make changes? For recall, I think there was a fee for using Win 500, and be paid subscriber to RR ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the links. I think I was able to find most of the ones I am interested in.

On the RS 106, Is Win 500 still the best (easiest) route to take to see what's in all the talkgroups and to make changes? For recall, I think there was a fee for using Win 500, and be paid subscriber to RR ?
There are three software packages that work with the Pro-106 and similar models produced both by GRE as wells (now) Whistler.

These are Win500, PSREdit500, as well as ARC500.

All three have a free trial period. My personal preference is Win500, with PSREdit500 a close second. But Don Starr, the author of Win500 has not been active & responsive for several years. Multiple threads and posts up in the software forum and elsewhere by people who paid, online, to purchase a license for Win500, but never got a response, & had to resort to filing claims with whoever handled the payment to get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.