STRA Frequency List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just informing all that may live in the Fall River or New Bedford area with a scanner: this thread has all of the known, working SRTA Bus frequencies:
452.7250 = New Bedford Bus/Paratransit (Output)
457.7250 = New Bedford Bus/Paratransit (Input)
464.2625 &
485.6625 = Fall River Bus/Paratransit (Output)
469.2625 = Fall River Bus/Paratransit (Input)

Reply if you have any questions!

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
It looks like 485.6625 is an image up in the T band - SRTA is not in the T Band which would be public service.

Here is the link to there License.

One of my old Radio Shack PRO 2001s has the same issue where it takes New Bedford PD on 482.#### and it shows up around 506 Mhz too.

I didnt know the CH2 Dispatch Which Is Fall River But ive heard it mentioned by New Bedford Dispatch.

Good Catch - Pete N1EXA

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It looks like 485.6625 is an image up in the T band - SRTA is not in the T Band which would be public service.
That is correct, and why I didn't add it to the DB. I only updated the two other frequencies, which I have confirmed being in use, and he updated the description/use.

Just realized the name of the thread is STRA and not SRTA. Whoopsies.

Note to all: It's supposed to be SRTA, which stands for Southeastern Regional Transit Authority.

In response to the two comments above, it is a possibility that 485.6625 IS just a repeater frequency, but it'd still be useful, because I noticed it sounds slightly deeper/clearer than 464.2625. 485.6625 also has a longer range (?) that I noticed when I was deep in Westport. The biggest problem with SRTA's frequencies [in Fall River] is that they experience interference with a FD or PD somewhere in Rhode Island. The closer you are to the southern border of Fall River, the more you can hear RI.

Also, another side note: SRTA no longer uses radios, by the generic term. They use another communication system, branded Clever Devices (similar to the TransitMaster systems in MBTA), which relies on a telephone shaped device and a tablet on the dashboard of all buses. Although it doesn't really affect the frequency itself, as of right now, all main line buses have to request a call from dispatch, and then you'll hear dispatch answer the bus. For the paratransit buses, they do not have to request a call as of June 2020, but there is talk of it actually happening.

Just figured I'd educate the site on all of this, since it seems almost no one reports on SRTA on this site.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
485.6625 is an image you're receiving, which is why the audio sounds drastically different. There is no actual transmitter on 485.6625.
A repeater on that frequency would cause too much interference to Plymouth's police repeater, which is why it would never be allowed.

485.6625 is 21.7 MHz above the repeater frequency of 464.2625, which is double the 10.7 IF frequency of your receiver. It's an image, nothing else.

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
485.6625 is an image you're receiving, which is why the audio sounds drastically different. There is no actual transmitter on 485.6625.
A repeater on that frequency would cause too much interference to Plymouth's police repeater, which is why it would never be allowed.

485.6625 is 21.7 MHz above the repeater frequency of 464.2625, which is double the 10.7 IF frequency of your receiver. It's an image, nothing else.

I thought you gave an easy answer !

Peter N1EXA

Well, that certainly clarifies everything. Now, I have to find out how to edit posts so I can change the misinformation I put on post #1! :p:unsure::oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.