Strange behavior

garys

Premium Subscriber
My 536HP has suddenly started to do something odd. It will stop on an active frequency or TG for about 1 second and then resume scanning. I checked WX priority and it's off. I checked other settings such as delay and none of that has changed. I haven't changed anything, at least on purpose. It just started doing this spontaneously about 20 minutes ago.

If I hold on a channel or TG it does the same thing, but advances to the next TG or channel.

I don't know that a reset and reprogram would do anything to fix this.

Maybe it's a weird SD card failure, so I might try a new one and reprogram. The scanner runs pretty much all the time.

My SDS100 connected to the same antenna operates as it should.

I'm totally baffled, so if anyone has any ideas of has had this happen, I'd appreciate it if they'd share solutions.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I think you're using ProScan. It sounds like Resume Scan / Search is on. Click the [SC] box in the upper right corner then see the option.

Untitled.png

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
My 536HP has suddenly started to do something odd. It will stop on an active frequency or TG for about 1 second and then resume scanning. I checked WX priority and it's off. I checked other settings such as delay and none of that has changed. I haven't changed anything, at least on purpose. It just started doing this spontaneously about 20 minutes ago.

If I hold on a channel or TG it does the same thing, but advances to the next TG or channel.

I don't know that a reset and reprogram would do anything to fix this.

Maybe it's a weird SD card failure, so I might try a new one and reprogram. The scanner runs pretty much all the time.

My SDS100 connected to the same antenna operates as it should.

I'm totally baffled, so if anyone has any ideas of has had this happen, I'd appreciate it if they'd share solutions.
Check your settings. If I remember correctly, there's a "scan resume" setting that may be causing the scanner to move on to the next signal it encounters, even if the one it stopped on is still busy.

Hope this helps.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestion, but I figured it out.

It was indeed a bad SD card. I got so spoiled by never having problems with the SDS scanners that I forgot about the fairly frequent issues that the x36HP scanners have. I grabbed another card out of my pile, programmed it and all is well.

Everyone can stand down! ;)

garys

Premium Subscriber
In this case, at it turns out, I was using a different program, but that also has that feature.

It's been that kind of week for me. If they put my brain in a bird, the bird would fly backwards!

I think you're using ProScan. It sounds like Resume Scan / Search is on. Click the [SC] box in the upper right corner then see the option.

View attachment 142514

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Since no replies to your OP suggested an SD Card problem, I assume you figured it out on your own? Or, was there something in one of the replies that caused you to consider an SD Card issue? Even without no one suggesting it? My asking is due to your mentioning you spent 20 minutes on identifying the problem and then immediately consulted the group as to its cause. Do you think you would have come to the the same conclusion had you not posted? Not criticizing here, just wondering about how we process these problems that hit us out of the blue…