strange ic r3 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone is selling one locally for 50 bucks, not sure whether or not to jump on it. I know if I have an analog tv and use a converter box I can get digital tv, would it be possible to run this with one just to watch digital tv or would it be pointless?

VE7CFF

Good little scanner. Only works on analog tv, unless perhaps with a converter? Good deal for $50.00 to listen to conventional frequencies such as weather, marine etc.

CVASSB

That's a good price for one. I wonder what condition it's in. Analog TV has been gone for a long time. I own a R3. I also own a R10,and a R75. Ask the person if the battery works,and if the original battery charger comes with it. The battery charger is big. The battery is a lithium Ion,and mine still works for a long time. I've owned it for more then 10 years.

Fast1eddie

I have one and paired it with a wireless 900Mhz video camera, sorta fun to experiment with placement and such. Get a kick out of watching my cats running around...Great little receiver with excellent sensitivity but can be confusing to operate as I seldom use it. Was nice to have at work when TV was analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.