Streaming PCs?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaLa

What (kind of comp/scanner) is everybody using for their feeds.

I've thought about getting a cheap PC put together or if I can get my hands on a cheap used PC to dedicate it to streaming and maybe a few other things.

I'm currently using my BCD396t connected to my Compaq laptop.
Specs
Dual Core 2.0 AMD Athlon.
3 gigs RAM
160gig HDD
It's got Vista Home Premium

The Laptop is connected to my WRT54Gv2 Router (running Tomato FW)

:D

So anybody run a dedicated PC for their Feeds?

I'm assuming Scannercast wouldn't require much Proc. Power.
Although I think the earliest version of Windows it would prolly run on is XP SP2.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Computer

What (kind of comp/scanner) is everybody using for their feeds.

I've thought about getting a cheap PC put together or if I can get my hands on a cheap used PC to dedicate it to streaming and maybe a few other things.

I'm currently using my BCD396t connected to my Compaq laptop.
Specs
Dual Core 2.0 AMD Athlon.
3 gigs RAM
160gig HDD
It's got Vista Home Premium

The Laptop is connected to my WRT54Gv2 Router (running Tomato FW)

:D

So anybody run a dedicated PC for their Feeds?

I'm assuming Scannercast wouldn't require much Proc. Power.
Although I think the earliest version of Windows it would prolly run on is XP SP2.

Well, I for one am using an OLD DELL C610 laptop WIN Xp Sp3 I have used a DELL C600 but with the limited memory it runs kinda slow. Doesn't take much to run a feed, I use ProScan for my Evansville, IN feed and right now have a BCD996XT hooked up running Tags and all. I was doing that all WIRELESS but have since ran a 100 Ft Cat 5 cable to the radio area in the back of my house..

Ed
KC9LVX Evansville, IN Feed

bezking

A lot of folks use Thin clients (Winterm, etc) as dedicated streaming PCs that run WinXP - they have a soundcard and ethernet port built in and are nice and tiny. They can be had very cheaply on eBay - just make sure you get one with XP!

autovon

Ø
A lot of folks use Thin clients (Winterm, etc) as dedicated streaming PCs that run WinXP - they have a soundcard and ethernet port built in and are nice and tiny. They can be had very cheaply on eBay - just make sure you get one with XP!

I've been toying with putting a feed up. What model computer should I search for that will do this?

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have found some great computers on Craigslist for running my feeds. It doesn't take much of a computer to run a feed. I look for anything cheap that has XP loaded on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.