Stuck On Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a Pro-106 Scanner and for some reason lately its been stuck on Scanning. The only way to get it to scan correctly is to press manual and then scan again. This is my live audio scanner, so help is very appreciated. Any ideas?

GumbyCT

I have a Pro-106 Scanner and for some reason lately its been stuck on Scanning. The only way to get it to scan correctly is to press manual and then scan again. This is my live audio scanner, so help is very appreciated. Any ideas?
Do you ever hear any audio? Do you have a meter to check the input voltage? If so, can you also drop the voltage to 6V?

See if reading this helps -
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/168822-voltage-level-pro-106-question.html

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I don't hear any audio. It acts like it doesn't even pick up the audio (or anything for that matter). It does go back to normal every now and then (in waves), but eventually returns (makes me think the 9V is the problem, which is what the level is at).

NYRHKY94

Ggraves:

Take a look at this thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/170056-weird-pro-106-power-issue.html

A bunch of us have experienced a voltage issue with the Pro-106, whereby is stops working properly (says its scanning, but won't break squlech) with the recommended 9v adaptor. As GumbyCT has pointed out, dropping it to 6v resolves the issue. Try yours on batteries or with a 6v adaptor and see if it works properly.

Based on the number of these incidents with the Pro-106, it sure looks like a manufacturing defect with the power input on the unit. Mine was out of warranty, so I just use the 6v adaptor now.

Thanks - Mike

SCPD

QRT
Right now its working normally with the 9V, so its hard to test. I'm pretty sure it has to due with the power, so I guess I need to "KEEP" investing in this scanner :(

SCPD

QRT
Funny how I remove the AC adapter when it was acting like someone was pressing the PPT button off an on repeating and it stopped when it was on battery. I'm not happy to pay for a 6V, but it looks like this is my only choice now. Thanks guys.

SCPD

QRT
I'm glad to say that I got this to work for my 106, but now it isn't working on my 96. I used 6V and it isn't working. Any ideas for this?

SCPD

QRT
Since I can't edit (or don't see where) I also wanted to add that this doesn't work with 9V either.

Status
Not open for further replies.