Supreme Radio Communications (East Peoria) Motorola Type IIi Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I wanted to make this an offical thread to discuss the system and its talkgroups. And to talk about new talkgroups being used on the system. Could an admin make this thread a sticky please.

n5ims

Could an admin make this thread a sticky please.

Did you make your request using the "Report Post" process (that little red triangle in the upper right corner of every post) to request it be made a sticky or are you just hoping that one just happens to read your post and has the authority to do what you request? The "Report Post" process will make sure your request is seen and acted upon by the correct person in a timely manner. Just hoping you get lucky may take quite a while and you may not happen to catch the correct admin at all.

Did you make your request using the "Report Post" process (that little red triangle in the upper right corner of every post) to request it be made a sticky or are you just hoping that one just happens to read your post and has the authority to do what you request? The "Report Post" process will make sure your request is seen and acted upon by the correct person in a timely manner. Just hoping you get lucky may take quite a while and you may not happen to catch the correct admin at all.

Like I said I did it. How long does it normally take for it to be done? It was my first time doing that.

Last edited:

n5ims

Like I said I did it. How long does it normally take for it to be done? It was my first time doing that.

They should see it rather quickly (generally a few hours or so, depending on the time of day). As far as when will they sticky it, that I can't answer. Sticking a post may require some discussion and approval by the various admins and site management (I don't know the policy for sticking a post).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry but this won't be stickied since it's just a commercial business trunking system. If we sticked every thread concerning a system like this, the forums would be a mess.

Typically we only sticky rollouts of new Public Safety systems.

Sorry but this won't be stickied since it's just a commercial business trunking system. If we sticked every thread concerning a system like this, the forums would be a mess.

Typically we only sticky rollouts of new Public Safety systems.

Thank you. I didnt know that. Now I know for the next time. I been a member since 2010 and I just fiqured out how to get a thread stickyed. I am new to this sorry.

cubn

Database Admin
If you're comfortable editing the wiki pages, you can start logging what you hear and others can add additional notes from their own knowledge. I made one for an LTR in Galesburg: Galesburg Communications (Knox) Unknown Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki

And it doesn't have to be stored in a table, you can keep it simple. An asterix is like a bullet point in the wiki language so you can make a list and sort it by talkgroup, so something like:

*1268 garbage collection, East Peoria area
*31056 utility company
*38232 cab company?

Here's a link that shows what the bulleted list looks like after being formated on the wiki page. You can always look at the source of an existing page to see how they did the formatting on the page and then duplicate that on the page you are editing.

If you're comfortable editing the wiki pages, you can start logging what you hear and others can add additional notes from their own knowledge. I made one for an LTR in Galesburg: Galesburg Communications (Knox) Unknown Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki

And it doesn't have to be stored in a table, you can keep it simple. An asterix is like a bullet point in the wiki language so you can make a list and sort it by talkgroup, so something like:

*1268 garbage collection, East Peoria area
*31056 utility company
*38232 cab company?

Here's a link that shows what the bulleted list looks like after being formated on the wiki page. You can always look at the source of an existing page to see how they did the formatting on the page and then duplicate that on the page you are editing.

Could you help me please to do this. I tried and still cant fiqure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.