SVRCS Question Thread

officer_415

Database Admin
Looks like the 2 final sites (Coyote Lakes Park and Uvas Canyon Park) are supposed to be completed this month, and San Jose Fire is expected to transition in July.

b52hbuff

Looks like the 2 final sites (Coyote Lakes Park and Uvas Canyon Park) are supposed to be completed this month, and San Jose Fire is expected to transition in July.

And in case you want quick access to all of the SVRIA licenses... ;)

Deadshot42

Is anyone using the Uniden 996 to scan on this system? If so, any problems / issues? With everyone switching over my trusty 15x won't cut it anymore. Someone recommended the SDS200, but I'd really rather not spend that much if it's not necessary.

Eng74

You would need a 996P2 to scan the system. I don’t think it works as well as the SDS scanners do when I am there.

officer_415

Database Admin
I've noticed the last couple of sites have been added without control channels identified. Can/has anyone run Unitrunker on the 4-channel sites to identify the primary and alternate CCs?

jdalbec

Looks like Campbell PD has flipped the switch, all thou they are listed as partial encryption it appears to be full.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 18

silagi

Premium Subscriber
I just got a new BCD996P2 and I am trying to monitor SVRCS and I am having problems. I am in Fremont and I have a full 4.5 to 5 bars on the meter when receiving the West site. When scanning it will briefly stop on various talk groups but then immediately start scanning again and I get no audio. The scanner is doing an awesome job on EBRCS pickup up the SW, NW, and E sites flawlessly. Am I missing something because SVRCS is Phase 2? Any suggestion?

daniel18522

Premium Subscriber
I just got a new BCD996P2 and I am trying to monitor SVRCS and I am having problems. I am in Fremont and I have a full 4.5 to 5 bars on the meter when receiving the West site. When scanning it will briefly stop on various talk groups but then immediately start scanning again and I get no audio. The scanner is doing an awesome job on EBRCS pickup up the SW, NW, and E sites flawlessly. Am I missing something because SVRCS is Phase 2? Any suggestion?

The BCD996P2 will do P25 phase 2. Check to see if the channel is Enc. The BCD996P2 will briefly stop on the channel before resuming scanning. If your screen is on display mode 1, you can hold on the channel and you will either see ENC, P25, or DAT on the bottom right. Have you tried receiving any other sites.

silagi

Premium Subscriber
The BCD996P2 will do P25 phase 2. Check to see if the channel is Enc. The BCD996P2 will briefly stop on the channel before resuming scanning. If your screen is on display mode 1, you can hold on the channel and you will either see ENC, P25, or DAT on the bottom right. Have you tried receiving any other sites.

Yes I tried this in "ID Search" mode as well as with known none encrypted talkgroups. I case also receive the Central site well and it does the same thing there. I am not getting the "ENC, LNK, DAT, P25" indicators at all. I do get them on ERBCS.

officer_415

Database Admin
Probably simulcast distortion. You might be receiving EBRCS better because you're within the intended coverage area.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
per user kmh603 on another thread, San Jose FD and County Fire cut over.