SVRCS Question Thread

Stealthguy05

As of today I'm still hearing SJFD on 155.02500 but SCCOFD on 154.25000 has been quiet
Per the other thread, the patch won't last much longer. You're hearing the P25 audio patched back to the old VHF channel as evidenced by the audio sounding digitized.

jdalbec

Per the other thread, the patch won't last much longer. You're hearing the P25 audio patched back to the old VHF channel as evidenced by the audio sounding digitized.
I undserstand what you are saying but what I'm hearing is not P25 audio and does not sound digitized as you state. Also a moderator needs to get on deleting, closing or merging that other thread

During the day today, SJFD was coming through perfectly on the new digital system. I know over the last 2 weeks they were turning it on and off, but all day today I was listening to it on digital and right now my Digital scanner is having lots of trouble picking up San Jose fire for some reason. Is anyone else experiencing this right now? I’m listening to it cleanly on pulse point app and they still have analog up. The issue is I can hear other cities Fire and PD dispatches on the digital scanner but San Jose fire isn’t working that well.
Also, it’s coming in patchy like the first half is cut off.

Eng74

W
During the day today, SJFD was coming through perfectly on the new digital system. I know over the last 2 weeks they were turning it on and off, but all day today I was listening to it on digital and right now my Digital scanner is having lots of trouble picking up San Jose fire for some reason. Is anyone else experiencing this right now? I’m listening to it cleanly on pulse point app and they still have analog up. The issue is I can hear other cities Fire and PD dispatches on the digital scanner but San Jose fire isn’t working that well.
Also, it’s coming in patchy like the first half is cut off.
hat radio are you using? My SDS radios have worked great on the system when I am up there.

W
hat radio are you using? My SDS radios have worked great on the system when I am up there.
inhale 4 BCD996P2's and 1 SDS200. it was coming it nicely on the sds 200, but I also have a amplifier on that one. I ended up turning the squelch up to 19 on the bcd996p2's and that seemed to fix the no receiving and picking up mid transmission. So far it has seemed like lower squelch allowed the system to pick up the digital signals and yesterday was the complete opposite.

Eng74

Sounds like simulcast problem. Might want to try some of the filters on the 200. Where I am I am (different system) my SDS-100 picks up the site great with the filter on global. The SDS-200 on global doesn’t pick it up set the filter on Wide normal and it works just like the 100.

Sounds like simulcast problem. Might want to try some of the filters on the 200. Where I am I am (different system) my SDS-100 picks up the site great with the filter on global. The SDS-200 on global doesn’t pick it up set the filter on Wide normal and it works just like the 100.
it isn't on simulcast unless I don't understand what simulcast means I'm kinda new to this. the SDS 200 is confusing to me haha. I really like the hold button on the side on the bcd996p2. the 3 buttons I don't like because if you hold it to switch to a channel you want to listen to, and you missed pressing hold while the transmission was transmitting, then you have to press hold and rotate on the system, then press hold on the channel then it will stay and not go back to search, and then you can finally rotate cities on the middle to go the city you want. its frustrating.

Eng74

Programming the SDS and using them takes some time to get used to. If you are not using your scanner in a mobile setting, just use the closest site that has the strongest signal.

Programming the SDS and using them takes some time to get used to. If you are not using your scanner in a mobile setting, just use the closest site that has the strongest signal.
I have it narrowed down between 2, west and central. I get 5 bars from both of them. I have the rest of the sites perma avoided on the sds200 and perma locked out on the bcd996p2.

Yesterday I was having lots of issues picking up SJFD, and basically a lot of other departments in Santa Clara County, but was picking up Oakland, Newark, San Leandro PD perfectly fine from south San Jose. Turns out San Jose Fire ended up turning on Command 13 on the analog channel to be paired with command 22on digital last night so I think there was lots of issues last night. What was interesting is Mountain View PD and SJSU PD were the only 2 that continually came through on both SDS200 and bcd996p2 on both West and Central. I think they need to do some tweaking to the system still. Only a few come in on West and only a few come in on Central, but SJSU PD and Mountain View PD were there only 2 coming through on both. I toggled West and Central off like you suggested and discovered: Los Gatos should be able to come through on Central, Milpitas should come through on West, Santa Clara PD came through only on bcd996p2 with P2 decode threshed setting set to the high of 13 and but refused to come through on the sds200, SJFD was listened to on analog and pulse point app. AS a listener on a Friday, not being able to hear locally was frustrating, but like I said, If the PD and FD was having the same troubles I cannot imagine how frustrating that would be to them. Like I said, I was able to hear Alameda county through the exact same antenna and scanners but only partially Silicon Valley.

The good news for us radio listeners is that San Jose and rest of the area is healing, due to the calls once again being off the wall all night long.

Try adjusting the the filters on the SDS-200. If you are using the detail display what is the RSSI showing?
it depends on what channel I am on. It seems today my SJFD issue is fixed and I listened to SJFD all morning on my bcd996p2. I was pretty sure it wasn't an issue on my part.
Today I noticed that Santa Clara County Fire Command 71 old command 22 is barley working. pulse point works very nice, I.m wondering if they have a 3rd channel they are talking through? because I'm listening to Dispatch and command 72 and am only hearing part of the traffic of what's coming through on pulse point. its definitely a 3rd channel because I was hearing lots of feedback coming through on may scanner as I'm typing this and then about 20 seconds later I heard everything coming through on the app that was all the static I heard on my scanner.

RSSI bounces around but resides at -60db for SVCRS when no audio coming through and stays at -60dm when it goes through a few cycles of scanning the system and no audio comes up except for one channel. when it seems like it stops on every city RSSI goes to about -72 to -73 and I have seen it go to -84db before. For EBRCS it usually is around -102 to -106 and maxes out at -115 but right now its showing -60db for Newark pd and Fremont PD usually those are close to -100. Seems like a slow night thus far.

Eng74

The audio on PulsePoint is direct from the dispatch console so that is why their audio is so good.

Last edited:

Stealthguy05

Westside Sherrif on 155.7000 is quiet on the field unit side. I have the listed DB TGID monitored and so far full encryption confirmed for both dispatch and field units. End of an era again.

officer_415

Database Admin
Westside Sherrif on 155.7000 is quiet on the field unit side. I have the listed DB TGID monitored and so far full encryption confirmed for both dispatch and field units. End of an era again.

I’m hearing traffic on 155.700 right now including field units (maybe not all?)

The audio on PulsePoint is direct from the dispatch console so that is why their audio is so good.
Pulse point is absolutely terrible and is so is 5-0 radio app for San Jose FD. If you listen to the top speaker on your phone, you hear a Chinese radio station on both 5-0 and pulse point! Been going on for about 3 weeks now. Any one else notice it? You must turn your volume all the way up and you can barley hear it.

jdalbec

Ouch! Right now Santa Clara County Sheriff's Air 3 is unable to communicate with Campbell PD for requested mutual aid via SVRCS in an "active shooter" situation, lots of confusion and at one point they were transmitting on the old analog freq's calling out to the ground units.

Last edited:
Ouch! Right now Santa Clara County Sheriff's Air 3 is unable to communicate with Campbell PD for requested mutual aid via SVRCS in an "active shooter" situation, lots of confusion and at one point they were transmitting on the old analog freq's calling out to the ground units.
that's a huge fat F. that's a joke. that's putting police and citizens at risk. they told the public that this exact situation wouldn't happen. Im glad it happened now, because god forbid there is a school shooting, and this same thing happens. lets hope they get it together.