system channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBones13

do you have to program each individual frequency or do I need to program just the control channels when listening to a state system ( LWIN )? Sometimes I hear an agency only during the day or night.

do you have to program each individual frequency or do I need to program just the control channels when listening to a state system
Your scanner (1065?) has a "Control Chanel Only" feature.

Control Channel Only Scanning - automatically determines the trunking frequencies for Motorola trunking systems once the control channels are programmed.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Control channels only. I'd advise modifying your programming to only scan the talk groups you know are in use locally. The reason you are likely only hearing traffic at specific times is due to the the site you radio is locked only having affiliated radios for that talk group on it at occasional times.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Your scanner (1065?) has a "Control Chanel Only" feature.

Control Channel Only Scanning - automatically determines the trunking frequencies for Motorola trunking systems once the control channels are programmed.
LWIN is a P25 system not a "Motorola" system. Motorola system refers to Type 1 (Privacy Plus) or Type 2 (SmartNet). If it's a P25 system, it operates based on data from the control channels (unless the system isn't advertising a bandplan).

Status
Not open for further replies.