Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if it is possible to scan / monitor two systems at the same time with the uniden bearcat 396 xt scanner. For example, If I want to program one county under system one and another under system 2 then monitor them simultaneously. Is this possible. I did read the manual from both Uniden and Marksscanners but was not clear on this?

Oh - forgot, I know you can put two different users in one system and segregate by quick keys. I would just like to know if two seperate start up systems can be monitored simultaneously? Thanks...

bama9999

It will scan both systems, by alternating back and forth between them. But if by simultaneous, you mean will it scan both at the same time, then no, it won't do that. You would need two separate scanners, or a radio with dual receivers, to monitor two systems simultaneously.

Ok. Thanks. I was wondering will the unit automatically alternate between the two - the two would be "active" simultaneously and alternate? How do I get it to do this then. Both manuals were not very clear on how to active this feature.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Turn on each system and the scanner will scan through them sequentially. Be sure you have assigned a quick key to each system and have them turned on.

skbx312

Premium Subscriber
Need Help

Looking for program that works with Mac to program BCD396XT. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but getting desperate.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Looking for program that works with Mac to program BCD396XT. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but getting desperate.

Have you checked with BUTEL? Take a look at their website. If there is one available, they would likely have it.

Greg

skbx312

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Greg, I've looked and haven't found anything compatible with my system. I might just buy a cheap PC and go from there.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.