Talk ID issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

I dusted off my BCD396XT which I haven't used in years after using a Whistler. I have made different systems but some use the same towers or Freqs but but I don't have duplicate talk Ids in each system. Here is the problem. Some of the talk Ids are showing up in systems they don't belong in with out the Alpha tags that I made for the system they should be in. Second problem is I'm picking up talk IDS I didn't program and having a heck of a time trying to determine their location. I have one talk ID that comes in clear but Im pretty sure it's 50 miles away. Why I'm I getting talk Ids in systems they don't belong in and why I'm I picking up talk Ids that I didn't program? Is there some sort of wild card I'm not aware of that is picking up talk Ids I didn't program? I'm using proscan. Everything was working fine until I entered the state police and state wide mutual aid in a new system that used towers from two counties close to me. I also have two other systems using towers from one of those counties in one system and towers from the other county in another system. Any help would be appreciated.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
More info needed: What System? Firmware latest? Latest ProSCAN?

daggit

Proscan is latest firmware as is firmware on the BCD396xt. St Joe and elkhart counties Indiana I have one system with st. Joe and one with Elkhart worked fine until I made a new system using both towers from those two counties for state police and state mutual aid don't understand how I'm getting talk IDs I havn't programmed and why some talk IDS are showing up in wrong systems. Thanks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have not got the SAFE-T set up right. Possibly ID Search instead of ID Scan, or something along those lines, as Mike suggested. Send me a copy of your set up and I can look at it with my ProSCAN and BCD396XT. If I can spot the issue, I can fix it and send it back at ya.

daggit

ok problem solved was a simple issue ID search was on. I don't know if that was the default but have it off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.