BCD436HP/BCD536HP: TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4sek

I apologize if this has been discussed. But I must ask, seeing that the BCD436HP mentions TDMA, does this mean, in addition to P25 Phase 1 & 2, does the scanner also decode non-encrypted TDMA or MotoTRBO & DMR transmissions? If so, can it decode both Time Slots 1 and 2 at the same time? Or just one Time Slot at a time?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Just P25 Phase I and II. Phase II uses TDMA.

My educated guess is that the hardware is onboard to do DMR/TRBO, but there's no firmware yet to allow the scanner decode it. I wouldn't be surprised if Uniden were to offer that later on as a paid upgrade. I'd plunk a few bucks down on that - we have lots of DMR here in Arizona to listen to.

As for the other question, when it decodes P2 systems it looks to me like it only decodes one slot at a time. Assuming that's correct, I'd expect that any future DMR decoding this scanner might do would work the same way.

-AZ

kf4sek

Thank you for the answer. I was just wondering about that. Like you, we have a few ham repeaters that are DMR in the area. And, while I have access to them on DMR as I have a DMR HT, I was just curious if the scanner would do it if you set it to auto decode on a DMR frequency.

I am in the market for a new digital scanner and the 436HP is the one I am looking at.

VE3RADIO

Just P25 Phase I and II. Phase II uses TDMA.

My educated guess is that the hardware is onboard to do DMR/TRBO, but there's no firmware yet to allow the scanner decode it. I wouldn't be surprised if Uniden were to offer that later on as a paid upgrade.

-AZ

With all the BS Uniden has put us through it should be a free upgrade.. again.. all these scanner do pretty much the same thing for the past several years.

They dont have to give it away when they are the only game in town..

Id imagine sooner than later that we will see Rasberi-Pi handhelds made,and offered for
sale via kickstarter or the like coming out of China..There will be lots of yapping about the
rights to the vocoders..But they will sell like hotcakes regardless of the legality.

Wake up big corporate,the days coming where you too will be obsolete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.