Terrorists in Pickering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman905

Hi all,

This next thought is VERY unimportant as compared to the seriousness of the recent activities involving terrorists (just thought I'd state the obvious before someone bashes me over the head with it) but living in Pickering I couldn't help but wonder.
Most of the arrests were made in the western part of the GTA, how/why did they end up being detained in Pickering last Friday?

The local paper came today and I thought it might address this but no luck. They did however remind the locals how we live in "close proximity" to weak targets, like we could forget.

I woke up Saturday morning to the news and automaticaly thought they were residents of Durham. After hearing they were from the west end my first thought was "why are they here"?

Like I said....not important, just wondering.

Last edited:

MetalCarnage

bluesman905 said:
Hi all,

This next thought is VERY unimportant as compared to the seriousness of the recent activities involving terrorists (just thought I'd state the obvious before someone bashes me over the head with it) but living in Pickering I couldn't help but wonder.
Most of the arrests were made in the western part of the GTA, how/why did they end up being detained in Pickering last Friday?

The local paper came today and I thought it might address this but no luck. They did however remind the locals how we live in "close proximity" to weak targets, like we could forget.

I woke up Saturday morning to the news and automaticaly thought they were residents of Durham. After hearing they were from the west end my first thought was "why are they here"?

Like I said....not important, just wondering.

ya, i was lost on that one too, especiially since pickering isnt even the main DRP station, nonetheless me and my buddy were at the station before the news crews even got there, it was pretty cool, place was guarded like they were ready for war, we watched a couple of the unmarked rcmp/police vehicles load ppl in one by one and then we left after a while...

bluesman905

MetalCarnage said:
ya, i was lost on that one too, especiially since pickering isnt even the main DRP station, nonetheless me and my buddy were at the station before the news crews even got there, it was pretty cool, place was guarded like they were ready for war, we watched a couple of the unmarked rcmp/police vehicles load ppl in one by one and then we left after a while...
I happened to be on my way home and spotted a couple of "interesting" looking vehicles coming along Hwy2 that evening. The chopper was up most of the night so I new something was happening, my place was directly under his pattern. That still drives me nuts!

I_10_92

I think they brought them out there b/c maybe thats where most of the suspects were. Take a look where they did that "training camp" thing, just outside of Orilla. Maybe they just went right south to the highway or something.

Another possible reasoning might be that to get them out of their neighborhoods. Put the suspects in a place thats far enough that away from the neighborhoods, and inacessible by transit (Go aside). This would eliminate the possibility of negative reaction from their commmunity members.

OR, they bought the large amount of that nitrate stuff from Durham, so maybe thats where the charge originated from.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
My Understanding Simon it was for One night, Peel and Metro didn't have a location to place them securly (enough cells). They are now in Milton where they will remain until Trial or Bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.