Test Firmware for DMR OFT and Band Plan Issue logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0BDW

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Logs would be helpful. Indicate whether it is for non-DT3 detection, false TGs, or other.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When I've been testing relative scan speed, I've been doing so with the antenna disconnected to rule out variations in decode time due to intermittent frequency activity.

Would a log be useful? if no traffic is detected, would a log even be generated?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Now Paul's link auto downloads it like you said without taking me to a new page with the 404 bit. The other links included in others replies do not work though. Maybe he changed it in his post or something.

Please use the link in Paul's post. Do not use the links posted by others.

If you hover over Paul's link and the links in the replies, you'll see that the replies have truncated the link.

N0BDW

I've attached the logs from my friend's 436 that also has to be analyzed before anything is received (band plan issue).

Attachments

• Tom's 436.zip
    167 KB · Views: 38

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Here's my log. This would be for scan speed and the TGID issue. Although, I can't tell you if the TGID issue appeared during this log. I wasn't able to run ProScan while creating the log. Is that normal? ProScan just would not recognize either scanner.

Attachments

• Scan Speed and TGID Issue.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 30

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For the P25 band plan issue, has this always ocurred, or did it start with a particular update? If from an update, which update?

N0BDW

For the P25 band plan issue, has this always ocurred, or did it start with a particular update? If from an update, which update?

It has occurred as long as I've been listening to this system... but it is a relatively new system so I'm not sure that is a useful metric. If there is a way to downgrade firmware and you'd like me to try an older version I can do that.

Ubbe

N0BDW

Put the bin file in the firmware folder of the SD card.

All versions available curtesy of Maksim Korodji (sorry if misspelled)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByjnTksZFHkKal9IN2tFTUN2X1E

I downgraded to 1.11.08 in my 536 and started to decode simplex DMR that had sounded as encrypted with the latest couple of FW versions.

/Ubbe

Thanks for this info. Upman - Happy to try this on one of the scanners if you'd like. Just let me know which version to install and test.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
This is not an official release, and no one needs to use it (other than those who want to check against the specific issues addressed). It is for testing/checking. Once we get results from this, we will release an actual update at some point.

This specifically is in regards to the threads at http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ceived-until-analyze-mode-entered-exited.html and the posts mixed into the thread at http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/337355-dmr-public-release.html regarding slow DMR One-Frequency Trunking scanning. I'll put "pointer" posts in those threads so that replies can move here.

Firmware files are at:
BCD536HP TEST FIRMWARE 1.11.21
BCD436HP TEST FIRMWARE 1.11.21

Install by copying the appropriate bin file to your scanner's firmware folder then cycling power.

DMR OFT scan speed should be more comparable to programming in conventional mode.

For the other issue (band plan not populating), we need a log file in a different format. This firmware creates the kind of log file we need. Use the instructions I provided in the other thread to create a log and attach it to this thread.

Is this release also for the 325P2?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No, only the 436 and 536, as specified. Other scanner models have their own discussion threads.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It has occurred as long as I've been listening to this system... but it is a relatively new system so I'm not sure that is a useful metric. If there is a way to downgrade firmware and you'd like me to try an older version I can do that.

Engineer's requested versions are below.

1. ver1.11.17
2. ver1.10.02

If you go back the firmware to ver1.10.02 or lower, please backup your favorite lists to Sentinel, as all of MotoTRBO and DMR will be changed to Motorola system.

N0BDW

Engineer's requested versions are below.

1. ver1.11.17
2. ver1.10.02

If you go back the firmware to ver1.10.02 or lower, please backup your favorite lists to Sentinel, as all of MotoTRBO and DMR will be changed to Motorola system.

I'll give that a whirl and let you know. May be a couple days as I'm in the process of moving. No worries on the favorites lists... this is the only system I monitor.

JimDiesel

Nothing heard until after analyze (BCD536HP)

N0BDW,

I am 5-10 miles from you and am experiencing the same issue requiring analyze to hear activity.
When I listen, I Hold it on the LE Dispatch - Primary channel.
My observation is that after power up, and the analyze dance has been performed, if I turn down the audio all the way to 0, and observe the screen activity, it's exactly the same as if I powered up and didn't do the analyze. My hunch is it has something to do with NAC. The radio seems to behave exactly the same, but if you don't do the analyze...no audio.
I've noticed in Sentinel that there is no way to configure the NAC on the site, yet NAC is being used according to RR...
Simulcast Site Details (Livingston County)
...and is observed when performing the analyze.
It's like it determines the NAC during analyze, which allows it to work post-analyze, but that parameter is not saved and therefore after power cycle an analyze is required to get it to work again.
If I could set NAC in Sentinel, and the firmware would set NAC according to Sentinel, I could prove my hunch.

Jim

grecom

Nothing heard until after analyze (BCD536HP)

University of Toledo Medical Center (DMR} UTMC log file.
Hi guys hope this helps,Gary

Attachments

• log0056146.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 26

crash1

Still missing comms I have noticed that the talk group numbers are not coming up consistently if this is fixed DMR trunking should work fine upman please have the software engineer work on that this should fix the problem with Missed comms

Status
Not open for further replies.