Test my WME scanner stream on your Windows Mobine Phone? PLEASE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I have a Windows Media Encoder feed setup at mms://ki4liv.ham-radio-op.net:443

Could someone please test this stream for me on their mobile phone?

One of my employees tried it on his AT&T dash, said it couldn't be reached. It works fine on any desktop PC.

If you can't reach it, any suggestions on how it can be done? Maybe because of the port that I am using? (I used port 443 because I know our corporate firewall doesn't block that port - so I can listen at the office!)

I am about to buy a Windows Mobile based phone so I can stream on occasion - would be nice to be able to get it to work!

Last edited:

jasonk

Feed Provider
Link Fixed

The Feed will not open using the current link ........ mms://ki4liv.ham-radio-op.net:443

I have Windows Mobile 5 and I have added the following to the end of the link.

mms://ki4liv.ham-radio-op.net:443/*

Now it works just fine ......... have your friend try to add the /* and he should be able to open it in Windows Media player.

Good Luck

Jason Kinley
http://www.scanmiamivalley.com

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Welp, that worked as confirmed on my employee's phone and now on mine, the Verizon XV6800!

NOW - my question is - why is it that the video portion doesn't come through?

mancow

Database Admin
I can't get it to work. I entered it as stated in the open url menu but I keep getting an error saying the file or server is not available.

BTW, it's doing this with another feed as well. I wonder if I have something setup incorrectly in WMP.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I got my hands on a demo XV6800 and I'm trying to make this work with the above link format. No go at all on multiple feeds. I should note that this is Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional.

Has anyone else made this device work for feeds via WMP? Thanks.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
VERY interesting... I used both an XV6800 and XV6900 and both worked quite well, but the 6800 did leave a bit to be desired when it came to volume output.

Both were running Windows Mobile 6 - just had to be sure to put the /* at the end of the URL.

Of course, these days my feed is offline having converted to Proscan..

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I thought it might have been my no-ip redirect, but using the actual IP address doesn't work either. From a thread elsewhere on this site, I found out about this software at http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/radio/default.asp . It also did not work with my no-ip address but it works fine with the actual IP address and better yet displays alpha tags. It's $20 but would be worth it. A little clunky to set up feeds until you get the hang of it, but it works well.

I'm mystified as to why the above doesn't work though, unless VZW is blocking certain ports. I'm using 8000.

Thanks.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.