Testing on the new Green 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
While out mobile today myself, it seems that I am getting better reception of the mobiles now. I can't imagine why since it is just a frequency/CT change. Perhaps some others can chime in on this.

Regarding repeated traffic; I am getting a lot more traffic from the mobile frequencies that is not repeated than is (I monitor both). As the day has gone on, more and more traffic is being repeated.

I also seem to be getting better reception of the mobiles on the mobile frequency. I have yet to hear any mobile traffic repeated on the base frequency. Anyone happen to know what mountain top they are using to repeat mobile traffic? I seem to have a hard time hearing the eastern area sites but get the metro Sacramento and western area sites great.

Norman

Been listening since before the cutover yesterday around noon, and it now sounds like the CHP on the XXX 2 frequencies are on steroids. Another dimension in scanning with all the mobile repeated traffic.
Even the Gray 2 turned the car traffic back on at least since the very busy weekend. The CHP now is a very busy agency on my scanner, I am hearing them quite well.
Norm.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
New Sacramento CHP channel sound

Been listening since before the cutover yesterday around noon, and it now sounds like the CHP on the XXX 2 frequencies are on steroids.
I am not sure if you are talking about the extra amount of transmissions people now hear on the base frequency, or the extra "loudness" of the transmissions.

White2 is still the most compressed, with Brown2 right behind it. Fortunately Gold2, Black2 & Green2 don't sound AS bad, but as still "louder" than their prior equivalent channels.

What caught my ear yesterday was many mobiles being repeated were more compressed (louder) than the dispatchers. I am guessing it was a motor unit I heard that had so much background noise all compressed with the officer's speech it was very difficult for me to understand.

Norman

I meant the amount of traffic that we are able to hear now. But, you are right. The repeated car traffic sounds harsh. I don't listen to the White 2 or the Brown 2, but, the dispatch traffic on the others doesn't sound that bad.
Norm.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
depends on dispatcher and what they want or say

i dont think they have a policy yet for valley

bay area turns it on and off at will

1 guy has a stream of black and gold (valley ) when i tried it ..it was still scanning the old gold and black

i am still working out the kinks of my sound cards..if i can ever get them going i wanted to stream the whole valley division its pretty spotty coverage for the valley div as far as streams

some of these sound cards you buy have crappy software instructions having a hard time telling the card THIS PLUG IS A LINE IN etc

white - gold - black - brown - gry - blue and blue2

i get them all might as well stream them i guess

Tweekerbob

I have my feed switched over to the new Green. Am hearing quite a bit of repeated (patched) traffic. I still have the mobile freq in there as well. It's interesting to hear Nevada county units, since I almost never can.

avtarsingh, might wanna go easy on all of those CHP channels for a stream. I can hear from Monterey up to Eureka and everywhere east of there. Pretty darn chaotic on just a regular weekday night in my opinion. Maybe with text tags and the omission of Gold and Black, since those are already covered, it would be a really interesting feed. Great idea to have a valley feed.

whiskeytango

i think mr singh was only talkin bout doing the valley div on a stream. i would think the advantages of having car traffic repeated outweigh the neg's. if other units know someone is keyin up then the chance of a covered tx would go down ya?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I continue to monitor mobiles on their own frequency. Many are not repeated, it seems to depend on which site picks them up. I have been comparing the quality of the audio between direct from mobile and via the base frequency. The mobile is always cleaner when picked up directly, especially on White2. I continue to be amazed at how much better repeated mobiles sound than the dispatcher on the base frequencies for Gold2 & Black2.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
well i guess i dont really need to stream gold and black since theres already a feed .

i was going to do a stereo feed with northern valley on 1 side and southern valley on other side all with text tags

i was testing out a stereo feed locally only problem i saw was isolation... i could hear left leaking into right etc .. but i think it was because the level was too high on 1 side .. needed to balance it out

still playing with these stupid sound cards hehe come on.. its LINE IN you darn sound card hehe not a mic

Status
Not open for further replies.