Tetra supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
So when finally support for Tetra TMO / DMO protocol with X36 and SDS100 / 200 scanners ?

Until there is enough demand you won't see it in any commercial scanner.
Add in the fact that there are so few TETRA systems on the air here in the US I would not
hold your breath.
Marshall KE4ZNR

DeepBlue

Firmware was released as Beta for the AOR DV-1 a few weeks back to test with, for Tetra. FYI. Read their firmware page for details.

S.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Firmware was released as Beta for the AOR DV-1 a few weeks back to test with, for Tetra. FYI. Read their firmware page for details.

S.

Considering that this is the Uniden products forum I don't know what info on an AOR Receiver (not scanner) has to do with the original question asked.
Marshall KE4ZNR

DeepBlue

"Until there is enough demand you won't see it in any commercial scanner." ....
is why I made the comment. Yes, it is not a scanner but it is a commercially made and available radio receiver (which scans - not trunk tracks) that will receive Tetra.

S.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The op is in Česká Republika, where there are likely more TETRA systems. I have seen comments elsewhere in regards to TETRA support for the SDS100E and the response received from Uniden Japan was reportedly they are working on it.

I recently went on a trip through NJ and wanted to load the beta firmware onto my DV-1. The DV-1 did not recognize it as firmware and I wonder if it only works on unblocked receivers. I suspect that if Uniden does come out with TETRA support, it may only be on the SDS100E (European Model).

73 Eric

Ubbe

Tetra pretty much replaces P25 in europe so remove that if needed and also let the japanese think tank consider adding MPT1327 that's still used in many places in the rest of the world.

/Ubbe

DeepBlue

The DV-1 did not recognize it as firmware and I wonder if it only works on unblocked receivers.

Load both DV1 and DV2 files on your card. The receiver will only see the correct version. I have been loading both versions on the SD cards since I have had mine (over a year now) and it only sees the one it can use. Not sure why all the confusion on versions to load?

S

ludek-brno

AOR Digital Scanners do not display TG / CC / RID.
I'm a spoiled Uniden Scannerist with US models (no E versions).
Tetra's support is the future and the next appels for Uniden Team
As a paid update for X36 / SDS scanners, it would be amazing
Ludek

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Right now there is not Enough TETRA use in America National frequencies to justify inclusion in Whistler or Uniden scanners.
However Professional Wideband Communication Receivers like AOR and ICOM will have TETRA reception capability.
if just come down to Price, Licensing and how often the Digital Mode is used, to justify Inclusion.
Its the same reason why American Scanners don't include dPMR and VHF CB Radio frequencies (AKA VHF FRS).
the Bands are simply not used here.

Status
Not open for further replies.