The One Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

naSTI

naSTI said:
RR is light-years ahead of any other radio-related site I've come across in terms of its frequency database, community updating and mining of the information. However, it is (in my book) missing something...

I really believe one extra thing that should be helpful to most/all and particularly the n00bs is a "Sound Library" with sound-bytes of all recognized data streams.

In most cases, I think we all know the difference when we hear a paging system vs a trunking control channel vs a P25 transmission. But if we had a library of sound-bytes that we could reference so that those with untrained ears can identify the modulation would make this site one step closer to bliss. ;-)

Whadya think?

--Homer

Anyone?

Good idea? Bad idea?

scansomd

The ability to conduct a radius search

I.E., input my LAT / Long, then enter how far out (~30 miles), resulting in a display of frequencies / systems that are within that circle.

This would eliminate the need to search across several states / counties to see what's out there.

naSTI

hotdjdave said:
Yes, this is the site I use, but it would be nice to have something like that here at RR.

Totally what I was talking about.. BUT.. the added community talents and efforts to de-mystify the signals!!!!

Could be a Wiki for positive ID'ed signals and Forum based open for discussion for those not known.

--Homer

Steve2003

I think it would be cool if you could give users the option to share their scanner configuration profiles via their profile. A user could upload a configuration file and then check off via the database which counties are contained in the file. A person browsing a particular county in the database, say Boulder, CO, would see a link at the bottom containing something along the lines of "User contributed radio configuration files containing data within this county".

Thanks!

hankv

Location?

I have seen a number of threads that generate misinformation because the poster didn't have their location (i.e. Australia, Canada, etc.) specified.

Why not require a location in the public profile?

Gilligan

Database Admin
hankv said:
I have seen a number of threads that generate misinformation because the poster didn't have their location (i.e. Australia, Canada, etc.) specified.

Why not require a location in the public profile?
Not everyone will give their location cause it's the internet... People like their privacy. Some see it as a safety issue.

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
(A limit on usage for non subscribers," if you want to play ya gotta pay) i do not.like that at all i think we can use it for free its alot better

bezking

Because people like the free stuff. They subscribe because they like what they saw for free. If you take the NON-LIMITED free stuff, nobody will pay because they do not know what they are missing.

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
would love the site even more if it had clickable county maps.

KCChiefs9690 said:
I would love the site even more if it had clickable county maps. ;)

would love the site even more if it had clickable county maps. i love that idea tooo

K9GTJ

I would love to be able to turn off digital (or analog) channels on a trunked system in the database.

For example, I am looking at the Indiana SAFE-T system and would like to see what is analog so I can program that into my analog scanner. It would be much simpler if I could just tick a check box and remove the digital (or analog) talkgroups.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Filters

kokomo1 said:
I would love to be able to turn off digital (or analog) channels on a trunked system in the database.

For example, I am looking at the Indiana SAFE-T system and would like to see what is analog so I can program that into my analog scanner. It would be much simpler if I could just tick a check box and remove the digital (or analog) talkgroups.
Kind of like the filters in Microsoft Excel - that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.